Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

gforce 400

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
gstockton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gforce 400

this is my first electric , the motor came with what looks like a wheel collar but the inst. dont say what to do with it or where to put it they dont really say much about anything ,on the web site where i got the motor they say 18 amps max but i read 22 amps i am using a 3 cell 1300 mah battery and 30 amp esc and one of the props they recommend for the motor it ran cool in flight had plenty of power thanks for any advice
Old 02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: gforce 400

The wheel collar is used on the motor shaft, if you have the spinning portion of the motor facing forward. This prevents the motor from pulling apart.
If you are using the shaft end forward, you don't need it.

As for the specs, well if they say 18 there's a reason. You may be able to get away with 22 amps if you have real good airflow to the motor. The amp draw should drop slightly in flight so you may be OK.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Dr Kiwi

G-force 400 weighs 54g... rule of thumb says that a motor should be okay at 3W/g... that's 160W.

Like most manufacturers or salesmen, they are probably over-rating the motor somewhat with their optimistic 18A.

You are wanting to push close to 240W into it... your call!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:31 AM
gstockton

its not that i am wanting to push 240 watt into it that is what i measured i am using the prop they recomended for the motor,the motor is not gettin hot, i checked the amps. with a watt-meter i got from them maybe the meter is reading higher then what is there, maybe i should try another prop is there a way to check the watt-meter to see how close to correct it is edit: the one i got is a GT power wattmetter and power analyzer