Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brushless Equivalent of OS 46-55 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 12:25 PM
stormbytes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Equivalent of OS 46-55 ?

Getting my feet wet with RC. What would be a the electric brushless equivalent of an OS 46 or 55 motor?
Old 09-26-2020, 02:51 PM
Phantom805

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I have recently coverted from ic glow engines to electric due to a house move and an electric only club. I have found that the Turnigy G46 on a 4s 5000mah Lipo with a 12x8 prop is a good combination for the 46 equivalent at a reasonable pricing. This produces a power output of approximately 620Watts at 42Amps peak. I have tended to run a 80A ESC. I think a 5s would get you close to the 52 sized equivalent and both ESC and motor should handle that. These specs should at least give you a baseline to compare with other motors and setups.

Hope that helps.