Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Are there any ESC with BEC for Lipos

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 01:12 AM
DeafOldRocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any ESC with BEC for Lipos

I am going to run a graupner speed 700 bb turbo 9.6v using a 2:1 graupner belt drive with a 12x8 prop in a high wing trainer. The battery pack will be a 5s3p Kokam 1500 lipo setup.

I need a ESC, I am thinking a JETI 450 which is rated for 30 cells up to 45 amp should do the trick and a ultimate BEC. Per motocalc the full throttle draw for the motor will be around 29 amps.

I am thinking that the cutoff voltage for the Ultimate Bec is 5.4 volts. This is to low for the Lipos but will work for my secondary packs of 16 Nicads.

Is there a BEC/ESC that has a programmable cutoff or one thats lipo aware?

Am I right that the correct cutoff for a 5s3p pack should be 3 volts per series pack or 15 volts?

Matt
Old 04-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Are there any ESC with BEC for Lipos

Matt:
Check out the Castle Creations Pixi series. Mine is only 20 amp but I imagine they make them bigger. Fully programable. Am using them on Lipos. Hope this helps.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:55 AM
d_wheel

Yes. The Castle Creations line of ESC's are programmable and will handle your 5S LiPo pack.

http://www.castlecreations.com

Later;

D.W.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Dopesick

btw, you are refering to the wrong nomenclature. If your taking about battery safety cutoff it is "LVC" Low Voltage Cutoff point. BEC is the Battery Elimination Circuit, involved in an ESC.

I do NOT see a castle creations ESC that will currently meet your needs of a lipo cutoff of 15v.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:21 PM
DeafOldRocker

ORIGINAL: Dopesick

btw, you are refering to the wrong nomenclature. If your taking about battery safety cutoff it is "LVC" Low Voltage Cutoff point. BEC is the Battery Elimination Circuit, involved in an ESC.

I do NOT see a castle creations ESC that will currently meet your needs of a lipo cutoff of 15v.
Sorry mixed my terms, I was refering to the LVC. I had looked at Castel Creations and did not see any ESC that can be programmed for a 5s pack. Am I correct assuming a 15 v cutoff is correct on a 5s3p 1500 mah