Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Bec

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 10:32 PM
jrex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bec

I just finished a new foamy fun plane using a long can 400 motor, 3-1 gearbox, hitec 555 receiver, and FMA mini 20 ESC. I had the ESC in another plane that I didnt use the Battery Eliminator Circuit. When I put everything together all running off one battery, all the servos work but my motor doesn't run. The hitec 555 receiver has battery/channel 5 which I just plugged in from the ESC. Do I need a Y splitter or some other special cable to use BEC on the FMA direct mini 20? I feel so dum.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:18 PM
Tippie

Default Bec

Plug the ESC into channel 3 on the receiver, which should be your throttle channel.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:57 AM
jrex

Default Bec

Oops, for the my Hitec 555 receiver, the throttle is on channel 1. Trial and error is a pain on these little planes. What made me confused was my ESC only had one RX plug and the RX listed ch1-4 then ch5/batt. It goes in ch1 not batt when you use BEC. Hehe. I once had a JR receiver that on the case listed the channels, ie aelerons, elevator, rudder, throttle, battery, aux, aux, blah.

I really like my p51 foamy/corrugated plastic even tho it looks real ugly compared to balsa, it built real fast. Those long black can speed 400 motors are sweet for about $10! I'm thinking of buying a half dozen or so spares. Since the nearest hobby shop is bout an hour drive and a radio shack is only a mile away, I'm using the 1600mah "aa" nimh car pack. Bench flight looks like it will go full throttle for 10 minutes or so. Hope it dont rain tomorrow so I can play lawn dart!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:52 AM
Steve Lewin

Default Bec

The correct Rx channel for the throttle/BEC is determined by the transmitter you use NOT the receiver. I guess you're using a JR transmitter because most of the others have throttle on channel 3 as Tippie says.

Steve
Old 06-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default Bec

Another neat thing to know is that you can plug the battery into any channel. The + and - connections are all hooked together.