Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Turnigy Plush 80 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:38 PM
kamakazi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnigy Plush 80 ESC

I got me a Turnigy 80 Amp ESC with Battery Elimanitor Circuit and it works great. No problems at all. What I want to know is what is that little donut do-hickey with the BEC wires going around and through it. Whats it's purpose?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:57 PM
grimmy55

Default RE: Turnigy Plush 80 ESC

thats what plugs into the receiver of you radio into number 3 the throttle ,it is also to be used to program your ESC you should have bought a program card with your motor you can then make it a soft medium or hard start you can also set the top rev limits on you ESC
Old 06-06-2009, 10:43 AM
kamakazi

I've already ran the motor with the ESC and I did buy a program card for it, just wondered what that little donut thing was on the BEC wire you plug into the throttle port on the receiver.
ORIGINAL: grimmy55

thats what plugs into the receiver of you radio into number 3 the throttle ,it is also to be used to program your ESC you should have bought a program card with your motor you can then make it a soft medium or hard start you can also set the top rev limits on you ESC
Old 06-06-2009, 01:41 PM
rcacro

ORIGINAL: kamakazi

I got me a Turnigy 80 Amp ESC with Battery Elimanitor Circuit and it works great. No problems at all. What I want to know is what is that little donut do-hickey with the BEC wires going around and through it. Whats it's purpose?

The donut is a filter to prevent electrical noise being generated in the ESC or motor going into the receiver and possibly causing a problem.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:55 PM
kamakazi

Okay thanks rcacro, I'm very new to electrics and appreciate all the info all the people on this board have given me. Although there is a wealth of stuff about electrics, some of the questions that I ask have been really hard to dig up in all the posts and articles written on here.
ORIGINAL: rcacro

ORIGINAL: kamakazi

The donut is a filter to prevent electrical noise being generated in the ESC or motor going into the receiver and possibly causing a problem.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:58 PM
nick_cool

it is a ferrite ring, it is used to mitigate spikes and filter RF signal that can perturb the receiver.
Just let it there but ensure that it will be attached to something and not free.