Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

help with servos

Old 02-22-2009, 03:07 PM
sanctified_one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with servos

Hi guys so far two of my throttle servos have stopped working in my reciever box (duratrax rx301f) i don't know why, i tried putting the steering servo into the plug and it didn't work, so do i need a reciever or is a battery issue altough the batteries were now charged. Any help is appreciated thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 06:47 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: help with servos

yes, id try charging the battery to capacity & make sure the voltage is good.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:08 PM
The_Collector

I've had a receiver drop a channel. If the battery is good, it's safe to say the Rx has gone south.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:35 AM
sanctified_one

well i tried switching the steering servo into the throttle plug and it worked this time, of course you know when i press throttle the steering would respond so i know the throttle servo has to be gone, but what can cause that, this is the second servo that did that in the throttle plug bad battery voltage, a glitch in the reciever or what.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 PM
xt2nitro

The likely reason could be that you have not set the end points on your throttle servo correctly using your transmitter this could lead to the servo trying to open/shut the carb more than the carb can actually move, which burns out the servo. I have gone through the same problem.