Carden Cuda Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:27 AM
PTS
My Feedback: (153)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carden Cuda Suggestions

Hello!

I am wanting to get into large scale and also build my own plane. 50cc class planes is what I really like and have been spending quite a bit of time following the Carden Cuda. The building part really excites me as I am not real crazy about ARF'S and that most people say I am to picky about airplanes. Is this plane a good choice for a builder wanting to leap into giant scale? All input will be appreciated...

Thanks,

Perry
Old 02-23-2005, 08:10 AM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Carden Cuda Suggestions

You can find a "building of the cuda" here: http://www.aeroprotect.com/Workbench/CUDA/

This is the third Carden I am building and all I can say is that if you can build the cuda you should be able to build any Carden.

Hopes this answers what you are looking for.
Rob
Old 02-23-2005, 08:36 AM
PJFaller

Perry,

I can honestly say after building about 6 Carden's you will not be dissapointed in the kit. They build straight and true and they are very straight forward. The one thing you have to get used to is sanding because there is a lot of it. The kit prices that everyone is going to chime in about I agree are a little expensive, but for me and for those who like to buld it is well worth it. There are quite a few ARF's on the market for about the same price of the kit, but only you know what went into your own build. This forum is a great place for opinions, and information on your project and if it is your first giant scale gasser, listen to these people and ask questions. As far as the Cuda is concerned, Dennis and Caroline from Carden are available during business hours to answer all your questions. Call them I think he will answer any question you have. I dont know if you are looking for a 3D flyer, but for about the same price you can also get into his 30% extra and Cap. I think he still produces them. Im not sure if the DA50 will pull them around, but I know the Brison 4.2 will and its about the same price. It all really depends on your flying style. Are you a cruiser get an Extra. Cruiser and 3D get the Cap. Full blown 3D get the Cuda. you wont be wrong with any of those choices. Good luck! feel free to PM me with any questions.

Pete
Old 02-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

I agree with Pete, I have three Cardens-35% Edge, Extra 330S and the Cuda. I have also had the 30% Cap with a Brison 4.2 for power. They are all quality kits and Caroline and Dennis offer the best customer support. They don't kit the 30% Extra anymore which is sad.
As far as ARF's, the Hangar 9 is hard to beat in quality.
Carroll
Old 02-23-2005, 09:57 AM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

If its your first kit.... I would not recommend it. If you have a few complex kits under your belt, absolutely! It is a very nice build, great looking plane,and it flies like a Carden.

You can go buy a Timex at Kmart... or you can build your own Rolex.. !

I have built one 40% Carden with another on the way(35% Edge) .. if you genuinely LIKE to build, these planes are works of art!

DP
Old 02-23-2005, 01:59 PM
PJFaller

hey Carroll,

Hows the Cuda Im thinking of getting one?

Pete
Old 02-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

Pete, The Cuda is a great looking plane and a easy build. Mine has a DA 50 and Bisson pitt muffler. Haven't flown it yet due to bad weather. Maybe this weekend. I bought mine about a week before Carden raised their prices. I got lucky!
Carroll
Old 02-23-2005, 02:36 PM
PTS
My Feedback: (153)

Thanks for the replies! During construction of the Cuda is there any particular points or recommendations?

Perry
Old 02-23-2005, 02:45 PM
PJFaller

just build it stock.....there are many tricks to the build on the l.inks on the Carden web site. enjoy!

Pete