Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

OS or Epic .18 Engine in MT2?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

OS or Epic .18 Engine in MT2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 12:20 PM
CEN Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS or Epic .18 Engine in MT2?

rccars411,

Our engines have come along way in the past couple of years. Perhaps you should give one a try and see for yourself.

CEN RACING
Old 12-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Kemo

I do test engines for companies and place comments about what I thought of them on my site. That cooling head is the same style that used to be on a couple megatechs, which makes me think u guys get your engines from SH by chance? Anywho, I'd love to test out an engine for you guys in a Tmaxx. If its better than a XTM, I'll change my mind about u.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:05 PM
CEN Racing

Not a problem rccars411,

Contact Andrew Smolnik at our U.S. office and he will get you an engine to test. His email address is [email protected] Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
CEN RACING
Old 12-10-2004, 09:16 PM
jadda

I like my NT 16 in my CEN MT2 and i like my .46 In my Genesis, for my NT 16 it have been bulit proof never a singel problem with that engine. It has allot of power and it allways start on 1 or 2 pulls.
My .46 is also a great engine , but i have only run it for 20 tanks. I love CEN engine they are very good, and always start.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:47 PM
digout

I agree with Jadda that the CEN NT 16 is a good base engine. I have my two originals and they still perform very well for a beginer intro nirto engine.
I have been testing other engines just to see for myself what works good with the MT2 chassis design. The only thing I find puzzling is why does the NT 16 have a restrictor sleeve in the base of their carb. I plan on removing it this weekend to see how it effects the NT16's performance. I believe this engine could be a performer if it was had all the high RPM breathing tricks done to it.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Kemo

Contacted him, I guess we can wait and see for the results. Get me up to speed with this Cen engine, how new is it?
Old 12-13-2004, 02:58 AM
Tridi

CEN Racing

The part # for the .18 NX3.0 piston and sleeve is G70344-08 This is an ABC piston and sleeve.
As I read on your engine part list these part is for NT-18 marine engine. Am I wrong?
Old 12-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Kemo

I do think its the same engine, just different heads. Thats why they are the same.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:02 PM
digout

I tested three engines this weekend in the MT2 truck chassis to see how they would perform. They are the Megatech Q1.6, Ofna Red Head and the Ofna Hyper .12. The chassis was set up with the 11/14 bell and the 2.2 speed hawg street tires. The Q1.6 was a disappointment (not the 1.6 hp as advertised-more like .9 hp). The Red Head was okay and ran as expected matching the expectancy factory rating of .75 hp. The Ofna Hyper 12 was a total surprise! It performed close to the power of the OS CVRX18! I find that by switching out the stock CEN battery box with one from an Ofna Pirate 10, the linkage set-up was much easier as it provide much more space to set up for either a slide or rotary carb. I will be trying the new CEN 18 next when I can find one at a good price.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:34 PM
poor judgement

It performed close to the power of the OS CVRX18
really? have u had a 18 cvr in there yet?

i think the torque may give u a shock....
Old 12-22-2004, 12:30 PM
CEN Racing

Tridi,

Yes, But the part itself has changed to ABC. The "older" style was just nickel plated. We are utilizing the same part # but with a better part.

Thanks.

CEN RACING
Old 12-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Kemo

Cen, I have yet to get a reply from the person you told me to email. Again, I'd be proud to test the engine, I'll advertise it on my site for free if it impresses me. I could post it up on my site and leave it there for a limited month. After this weeks update, the site should be hopping again.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Tridi

Cen,
Finally, instead of buying piston, sleeve, conrod and cooling head, I buy the new NX30 engine.
The body is stamped NT-18 instead of NX30. Marine Engine with different head ????
Yesterday, I just break it in. Using 20% nitro and OS-8 plug. As usual, no problem at all, one tug can start the engine easiliy.
Do you have any suggestion on what kind of plug do I need to use for the best performance, because the engine come w/o plug and I have no reference for it.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

CEN, I have a question. I called the U.K. distributor today about trying to get the NT18 engine sent to my LHS. They had no idea what I was talking about even though I gave them the part number. Is this engine not available in the U.K.? Also I was going to buy a new piston, sleeve and crank shaft for the NT16 as I have the older one (1hp) and wanted to upgrade the internals to get the improved power outputs (1.2hp). However if the U.K. is not getting supplied with new parts, I will simply be replacing the old internals with the same thing if you see what I mean. When will we be getting the newer parts over here? Please reply.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Scouser

Ok just a quick update. I phoned Irvine again to see if the engine will EVER be available over here and all they could say was that they were "in talks with CEN about it." What a bunch of bull. If the engine is not available here then neither will the spares, therefore I am going to have to find an alternative engine to CENs'. To say I am disappointed would be an understatement. Come on CEN I am trying to stay loyal to your brand here and all I am getting is frustrated and disheartened.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:00 PM
poor judgement

give it up scouser - it is just a marine engine, with a different head and sleeve, nothing all that clever about it. the post above verifies that, no matter what cen say. (sensai? lol) have u looked at the epic or the os cvr-x engines? pricier, yea, but its the quality that u are paying for - oh and customer support...

irvine take forever to pull their fingers (fists?) out, i gave up with both them, and cen, a long time ago, both for information and parts.

did u investigate the costs of shipping/customs from the US? how did u get on - if u did?

im guessing cen havent been around, possibly, due to staff cuts to pay for the genesis replacement parts... lol - sorry, couldnt resist...
Old 01-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Scouser

I know the cost of shipping the back plate from RCM was quoted as $55!!! Its more the availability of spares for the engines I am worried about. I love my OS engine but the importers for OS are.......Irvine. I really do want to avoid them if at all possible. Do you know who imports Epic engines?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:20 PM
poor judgement

id start to look to the east mate.....lol seriously, some companies out there are great so ive heard - ive only dealt with asiatess myself, have a look around a lot.

that US shipping sounds like a right joke, i had a whole chassis shipped for about $15 from the states, depends on the courier i guess...

should be plenty of places in the uk with either the epic or the os tho...

or check out ebay, i just spotted a 18cvrx for $99, will post worldwide, looks cheap, unused... worth an email? go ooooooooorrrrnnnnn!!!! u know u want to.

item 5951617396 will post to the uk, global priority, $15, ask him nice he might mark the value as 50 and tick the gift box...
Old 01-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Scouser

I really do want to stick with the CEN motor, I liked the NT16 and despite the involvement of Irvine for spares, I fancy giving that NX3.0 a try. I just want something with a bit more oomph to compensate for the weight the car put on over Christmas!! I have e-mailed Offshore Electrics to see if the engine is available through them, if not then maybe it will be another O.S. afterall.