Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

cen ct4-s - How should the engine sound like?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

cen ct4-s - How should the engine sound like?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 11:45 AM
said7effo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen ct4-s - How should the engine sound like?

Hi,
Do you guys have any recordings of the engine sound of the cen ct4-s when running at normal and high revs?

I just got the car recently, performed the engine break in and adjusted the carburator settings; but being new to rc nitro cars, I am not sure i am reaching the right settings of the car. Any suggestions to figure out if my current settings are the right ones?

Thanks
Mario
Old 01-03-2005, 03:15 PM
T-MAN-iR

Default RE: cen ct4-s - How should the engine sound like?

Go to the CEN site, cenracing.com and you can see a video of the car going 74 mph. You should beable to get what it should sound like. Also something good to have is a temp gaug. If your car is running over 260 F, you are too hot. If its under 200 F you are too cold. The spit/water test is also a good indecater of the temp. If the water takes about 5 sec. to boil off your about in the right spot for the temp of the motor. But a temp gaug is a good thing to have.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:25 PM
said7effo

already have a temp gauge and temperature is in the 130-150F range. kind of low.

on another post i asked about engine tuning.

i do seem to have the carb fully open on full throttle and already turned the max speed needle half a turn towards the lean with no much increase in engine temperature. Is it common to turn this screw a few turns to reach the desired settings (based on the ct4-s u have)?

thanks
Old 01-06-2005, 05:33 AM
T-MAN-iR

Yes, I have turned mine almost a full turn before I I really started to see any temp change. I then backed off my turns to between a 1/2 turn to 3/4 of a turn. But you want your temp to be in the 230F range no more than 260F.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:10 PM
said7effo

I had to also turn it for a full turn and now am getting reaally fast... It was really cold outside and got a running temp of 200 and decided to leave the real testing for a warmer day.

Acceleration is still on the down side. Do you recommend fooling around with the low speed needle? and can it harm the engine in any way?

thanks
Old 01-08-2005, 12:37 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only mess with one setting at a time...(golden rule of r/c) get your high speed set before you work on anything else...... The low speed is for off the line... Does it bog down when you floor it? If answer is yes, is the engine warmed up fully first.... Resist the urge to play with low speed needle too much.... It can alter how you perceive your high speed adjustments...
Old 01-09-2005, 04:01 AM
said7effo

No it doesn't bog down when i floor it but it feels a little slow on the acceleration. I usually don't start checking how the car is doing before one tank of warmup.

Can you please explain what the low speed needle does?

I know the high speed one works on the mixture of air and fuel. More air means better combustion and faster engine but with less fuel, not enough oil, which could kill the engine.

does the low speed work on how much fuel is released in the engine on idle throttle?

thanks