Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Ct4s is not the fastest 1/10 scale car!!

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Ct4s is not the fastest 1/10 scale car!!

Old 07-12-2005, 10:10 AM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ct4s is not the fastest 1/10 scale car!!

Cen Racing....... The Ct4s is the fastest out of the box, stock nitro touring car .... BUT it is not the fastest! The Fusion is, in the February 2003 issue of Rc Car Action the fusion with the optional highspeed clutchbell was clocked at 75 mph, radar confirmed!! During the 2 years since this issue Cen updated their car the Ct4s by putting a taller final gear ratio in it.When these two cars were compared in the recent issue of Rc Car Action the final gear ratio for the cen car is 3.1 vs the fusion 3.5 the top end advantage goes to the cen car and since the critera for this test was that these cars had to be bone stock out of the box, the fusion ends up with a car that does not have enough gear to reach its top end potential. In the Radio Control Nitro issue for May 2005 the fusion with a few mods was radar confirmed at 88 mph. So you guys need to get your fact straight the Ct4s is the fastest in its class that being box stock !! But it is not the fastest 1/10 scale nitro touring car the fusion is with its radar confirmed 88 mph.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:36 AM
poor judgement

Default RE: Ct4s is not the fastest 1/10 scale car!!

but it is the fastest RTR isnt it? i thought that was the point...
Old 07-12-2005, 11:46 AM
nitrohead5300

There have been alot of misleading statements, bending of the truth. The Cen ct4s in its class of out of the box, nothing done to it bone stock is the fastest I don't deny that but you cant say it is the fastest overall nitro sedan some people on this site are saying it is sorry it is not!! All you need to do to find out which car is really the fastest is to check out Radio Control Nitro mag for the month of May 2005. Fusion with Sirio 21 and highspeed pinion gear 88mph, radar confirmed. A stock fusion with the optional highspeed pinion gear is good for 75mph
Old 07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
cenracer1

Wow... talk about double talk.... I read the article in r/c nitro and it was one of the most missleading reports ever... I don't have a ct4s nor will I probably ever get one but the main difference in the article was the cen was faster top speed only... In a race the fusion was much quicker to speed... That was all...... Gee.. lets just add a sirio .21 and some different gears and go 88 mph.. I can do that with the cen and probably hit 90 mph... whats the point......I still get a laugh at all the worthless speed claims... It takes a huge area to get any vehicle up the that kind of speed and even more skill not to crash it... Want to try some real skill... drive a monster truck at over 50mph with stock tires... Now thats a skill....
Old 07-12-2005, 03:04 PM
nitrohead5300

Just check out Radio Control Nitro mag for May 2005 . A fusion with a sirio 21 and the optional gearing hit 88 mph radar confirmed. Also a Fusion with the stock motor in it and the optional gearing hit 75 mph in RC Car Action Feb 2003 Issue radar confirmed. If you don't believe me just check it out for your self. I am tired of people misrepresenting. The Ct4s is the fastest out of the box un modified 1/10 scale racer but it is not the fastest modified! The Fusion 21 is! This has been verified in Rc Car Action Feb 2003 issue & Radio Control Nitro mags May 2005 issue.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:02 PM
poor judgement

deep breath now...

if u fitted option parts and a higher revving & more powerful engine to the cen, i have a suspicion that it will probably go faster than it will straight from the box - whaddya reckon?

if u accept that the cen has the highest top speed straight from the box, as they claim, then what exactly is ur arguement?

big sigh...
Old 07-12-2005, 05:27 PM
nitrohead5300

What I want to see is a shoot out between the Fusion and the Cen car with all the high speed options to see which car is actually the fastest.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:36 PM
poor judgement

The latest car to get sore at a Cen CT4S... its not mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71425.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	296598  
Old 07-12-2005, 05:38 PM
poor judgement

there u go...
Old 07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
cossie

your forgetting one thing though, there are bad cen and good cens some cens come out the factory and dont even touch 70mph and some do, where as all of schumachers speeds with there cars are consitant because the build quality of the cars are much better so even if the schuie is 1mph slower out of the box its still gonna kick the cens arse round a track, and cenracer1 its not bs that if u drop in a sirio and optional gearing and it will do 88mph ive got a proof picture that the fusion can do that on optional gearing and slightly modded standard engine, which i think was runnin on 30% fuel and it might have being ported i aint sure, face it ive got a cen ct4s and driven a fusion and standard the fusion will wipe the floor with a cen anyday. also driving a truck at 50mph is not hard at all i drive my 70mph xtr3e on standard tyres which are over 1year and 3 months old and i have no problem beating anything in my path
Old 07-12-2005, 09:46 PM
poor judgement

aye some cens are just destined to be killed outta the box - others are thoroughly looked over by more experienced drivers, and the shortfalls are dealt with before there is a problem. trouble is - the cens are cheap so they often get bought as a 1st nitro, this in turn seems to give them a bad name. maybe u dont feel u should have to check ur car outta the box, but hey - its ur money... ive seen this so many times on this forum... its getting boring
Old 07-12-2005, 10:44 PM
rolland

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far this is one of the most stupid posts I have seen in the CEN forum.
If you equip the Fusion with a .21 and OPTIONAL gearing it will do 88mph alright.
If you just drop a .21 in a CT4R it will do 85mph without the OPTIONAL gearing.
What if you put a Hot Heads 528 with the OPTIONAL gearing 90-100 on either one.
The key word was OPTIONAL. To define as : involving an option : not compulsory

The point of the article was who was fastest out of the box WITHOUT option parts.
Bottom line stock the CT4 is faster than the Fusion. Now if Shumaker decides to install the OPTIONAL gearing on the truck so you don't have to then I'm sure CEN will counter back with something of their own.

rolland
Old 07-13-2005, 05:33 AM
poor judgement

oh come on rolland - lets toy with them a while...
Old 07-13-2005, 06:42 AM
nitrohead5300

The only thing I can say is how did my outlaw 235 prototype picture get posted?? I don't remember posting it . What is interesting to me is on the Cen site they claim their car does 73 mph while the fusion does 65 according to RC Car Action test. But when I read the article the ct4s car was only clocked at 66 mph radar confirmed. I want to see some mag do a full option shootout between these 2 cars to see which one really is the fastest. Both cars with Siro .21 size engines, both cars with the same final gear ratio and both cars with the same tires . Besides who keeps their car bone stock anyway??
Old 07-13-2005, 07:05 AM
cenracer1

thankfully I have a day job and don't have too much time to devote to this... The post started with stock but wound up with a modified fusion and a stock cen.... Nitrohead... This is the wrong forum to come to and try and win an argument... especially one as silly as this... P.S. If you read what I wrote... I referred to the same mag article that you were referring to... Unfortuately, the terms upgraded stock and HIGHLY modified somehow got melded together... A car with a different engine is no way considered stock anymore.. especially the difference between a sirio and a thunder tiger...
Old 07-13-2005, 07:21 AM
nitrohead5300

I made reference to 3 different mag articles two in RC Car Action and another in their sister magazine Radio Control Nitro. The high speed clutchbell option only makes the final gear ratio between the two cars the same. And a stock Fusion with a thundertiger 21 was clocked at 75 mph with the optional gearing radar confirmed in RC Car Action. The whole comparison in my opinion was flawed because both cars should have 21 size motors in them same gear ratio and tires. And like I said who keeps their car stock?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:59 AM
poor judgement

will it ever end....?

i saw u were trying to post ur pic nitohead, before u edited it and posted something completely different - i was trying to help u make a point i guess... what was it?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 AM
nitrohead5300

Did not mean anything by those comments, thank you for posting my picture of my car which by the way is the fastest 1/10 scale nitro touring car in the world (at least in my opinion) Thank you guys for letting me express my opinion. I am off to my next insane project a .32 in a Fusion. Peace-out.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Scouser

I think nitrohead5300 has a bit of a beef with any CEN product. He is ripping the Genesis on the MT forum. I think he may be a Traxxas employee.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:05 AM
nitrohead5300

OH NO!! DUDE! I don't like Traxxas at all!! Cen is a new company but at least they address any weakness they see in their products with a goal of working towards perfection . But I don't like traxxas at all. I just want to see a full option shootout between these two cars
Old 07-14-2005, 10:56 PM
rolland

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All right I'll play but I can't guarantee that I'll be nice.

Actually CEN isn't a new company they have been making hop up and option parts for other manufacturers for quite awhile.

As far as a "full option shoot out" chances are it isn't going to happen. I mean CEN is in the business of selling their own parts and I am sure Schumacher is also. If you want this to happen you will need to contact an aftermarket company or a magazine to have it done. Whining to the manufacturers isn't going get any thing done.

Meanwhile I suggest you continue complaining over at the Schumacher forums. But it is obvious that you are getting a greater response here. Apparently some of us think that it is humorous. Think about it if CEN actually was lying like you have stated elsewhere don't you think there would have been some form of legal injunction preventing them from advertising that they are faster?

It is completely obvious that you have a problem with the CEN/Genka Trading Corporation. The majority of your posts over the last 2 weeks have been negative towards CEN. To the best of my knowledege you haven't once posted on the fact that the Savage 4.6 is only 1.3 hp, Losi .15 is .62 hp, OS .18 is .82 hp, Novarossi .21 is 1.3hp and the XTM 24.7 is 1.2. Trust me I can continue for awhile. There is no standardized testing methods or dyno testing methods, every magazine and reviewer has a different method and they all lead to different results. Further more by using your own reference material it is proven that the CEN .46 has the most horsepower, and it is also proven that out of the box the CT4 is faster than the Fusion. So if you are going to start an argument have some information that nobody else has or be able to back up what you say, and also be able to provide said information.
But I will leave the fine art of debating an issue to anothe thread but, I will tell you this one rule. Starting a post with insults is almost going to quarantee negative feedback which is what I'd like to think isn't what you are trying to accomplish.

I also have another suggestion. Why don't you go on a typing strike or hold your breath until CEN respons to this thread or pretty much any thread that you have started.

rolland
Old 07-15-2005, 08:25 AM
nitrohead5300

Blab, Blab, Blab! I am not going on a typing strike and my suggestion to you is bring you your Cen cars and Trucks down here to Indy and we can have a race to see who is the fastest!! I would race you for pink slips but I don't want your Cen stuff!! Just smoking you in a race, would be satifaction enough!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:33 AM
poor judgement

ive been off work all week - holiday! so please excuse me...

listen nitohead, u came in here spouting nonsense and making bizzare claims that were very confusing and u got urself all muddled up. so we set u straight, in a polite and patient manner. u choose to gloss over the initial post subject, and go on to state that u have the fastest car out there. then u challenge rolland to a race, which i am sure he has no interest in whatsoever, given the nature of his last post.

just what is it that u want here? u just want to have a go at the Cen name it seems, we aint interested... if its the race between 2 modded cars then go write to a mag or manufacturer as stated above, we cant help u.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:59 AM
nitrohead5300

I am wasting my time debating with you guys you are all in denial. This is becoming a flame war, that is not my intention so this will be my last post on this thread . My decsions to do this does not mean you have convinced me that my original statments were wrong or yours were right it is not getting anywhere. And until someone can show me a video of a cen car radar confirmed doing 88mph in my opinion it still is not the fastest 1/10 scale modified nitro touring car. Thank you for letting me express my opinions.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Scouser

Personally, I dont see the big deal about the top speed claims anyway. The only class of racing that gets to those kinds of speeds is 1:8 circuit racing and neither the CEN or the Fusion are eligible for that class. That makes this 'race to 100mph' claim a complete waste of time and only useful as a marketing gimic.
If the Schumacher has been clocked at 88mph stock, then I am sure CEN will adjust their adverts accordingly, I just dont see that its worth making a big deal over.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.