Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

4 WD

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 WD

I experienced a crash, but inspecter my FF ATX and everything seemed to be in working order, except I lost my 4WD, dont kno y. The differentials seem to be working. Somethings wrong with the ling next to the gears i think. Can anyone tell what I should do?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:44 AM

Default RE: 4 WD

Do you see the outter axles (dog bone, cv axles) to the wheels move?
Old 11-04-2005, 06:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have lost drive to either of the wheels and the reason is not immediately apparent, you will have to start stripping your truck down until you find the cause. Process of elimination I'm afraid.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the rear axle is turning and the front is not turning, I would check the small set screw in the center joint cup. Part FF047 if you dont know what part that is and want to look it up. These come out rather easily. If it is out, go to the hobby shop and get a M4x4 set screw and that will fix it.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:46 AM

as alvin said, but if the screw doesnt cure it, u could have stripped/damaged the front diff gear or damaged the front diffs internal gears. i cant see what else it might be.

oh - just check the front cv joints are ok too, i lost a couple of screws out of my front ones, and i presumed it was the front diff that was the issue - just a thought

my moneys on the set screw being lost tho...
Old 11-05-2005, 11:21 AM

Actually theres no apparent problem with the from differentials. When I spin the red gears, only the back wheels turn, but when I spin the drive shaft right in fron t of the gears, all the wheels turn
Old 11-05-2005, 04:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It still sounds like one of the sets screws are loose. When you grabbed the center dog bone you could have applied enough side pressure on the dog bone to turn the front and rear diffs.

rolland