Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

nemisis carb settings

Old 02-21-2006, 05:44 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nemisis carb settings

i need the carb settings. engine is broke in. the paper work says 3 1/2 high,1 1/2 in from flush for the low but these are way too lean. can anyone help. thanks.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nemisis carb settings

You just want to get your engine running according to your conditions in your area. CEN gives those numbers as a general baseline to go by, not as gospel. So if you have it broke in, just lean it out as far as you can while still keeping a good smoke trail at WOT for your HSN. For your LSN lean it out by doing the pinch test til you have a good idle. You should be able to pinch the fuel line, then have a slight rise in RPMs then fall quickly and die within 4-8 seconds. Everyones setting will be different, because altitude, humidity, and barometric pressure effect the engine. CEN recommends to run it around 220F degrees, but if all is in check, smoke trail and LSN setting, then if it runs at 270-290F everything will be okay. I had an SH-28 and they stated 3.5 turns on the HSN and mine was set at 4.25 but it had a good trail and at 3.5 it would flame out and overheat within 5 min of running. At the 4.25 it ran great and temp consistently at around 275-285. So you can see, there settings are just to get you in the ballpark, they arent the actual must use setting. I hope this helps you, just let us know how it goes.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ya i know all that thanks. it's just that i had to turn the hsn 2 full turn's out and the lsn 1 1/2 turns out to get this thing to run. so the cen paper work is wwwaaayyy off from where it needs to be. i was just hoping someone else with a nemisis could tell me what they are going through. thanks bash-m-up.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:14 PM

Mine was the same way. I ended up using about the same settings you said.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:32 AM

Here is the setting we recommend. PLese remember that these setting are example for you to go off. YOu will need to make adjustment based on your environment and fuel.

Default-
Top End: 3 ½ turns out.
Bottom End: 1 ½ turns in from flush.

After Break in
Top End: 3 turn out
Bottom End: Flush