Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Did CEN Leave The Room ?

Old 02-24-2006, 07:32 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did CEN Leave The Room ?

Maybe I've missed some posts, is Cen responding to anything lately ? They are also lagging on responding to e-mails at customer support.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:59 AM
poor judgement

Default RE: Did CEN Leave The Room ?

ive seen "CENRacing" log in and looking at posts, but no replies... a bored office junior perhaps? either way it sucks.

i wont be buying another cen due to the lack of support, especially here in the UK.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Tinybaum

I'm with you poor!!

Tiny
Old 02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
mulletman

ya me to, up here in sk, canada it takes over month to get one part![:@], i don't think my next RC would be from CEN unless there get better customer support!
Old 02-24-2006, 06:36 PM
jadda

ORIGINAL: mulletman

ya me to, up here in sk, canada it takes over month to get one part![:@], i don't think my next RC would be from CEN unless there get better customer support!
A month????
Where do you order from???
I live in sweden and I order from the states or my LHS and have never waited more then 2 weeks. All my packages has been caught by the customs (almost)!! When it's not caught by the customs it only takes 5 days from the states. So if i order in fridays I will have it next friday!! I think that's great!!

I order from www.headrushhobbies.com

But i do want CEN to respond on more topics
Old 02-24-2006, 08:36 PM
TRAXXAS829

I would have to agree with everyone. My next RC will be a company I can actually get parts from and customer service. CEN right now has a bad reputation, and if they don't step up, it's gonna stay that way.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:38 PM
TRAXXAS829

I would have to agree with everyone. My next RC will be a company I can actually get parts from and customer service. CEN right now has a bad reputation, and if they don't step up, it's gonna stay that way.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Locally, I was informed by two different hobby stores that CEN parts which were not in stock locally can be ordered and received in about two days. For that matter, perhaps you guys could PM CEN Racing or Andrew Smolnik who are both members of this forum or email Andrew directly at cenracing.com As far as I know, Andrew will also be racing here March 4, 2006 and March 29-April 2, 2006 racing (Silver State Nitro Challenge).
Old 02-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Ing

My LHS acts as if CEN is a dirty word. So far I've spent about $250 at their store on fuel, accessories, etc., but ask them about anything specific to CEN and the old fool rolls his eyes in disbelief. Wish there was a better LHS in my area.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:24 PM
nomobux

well .... I have a Gen LE and a Nemesis ... If this is customer support, I'm outta here ... no answers = bull..sh..t
Old 02-24-2006, 09:32 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I was really planning on buying a genesis this spring but I'm having second thoughts now. For teh genesis/nemesis/matrix, there are always parts available on ebay. Service wise, I think the best thing to do is to PHONE CEN so that they actually have to talk to you. That is assuming that they have a phone number listed and there is someone in the office.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:44 PM
nomobux

All I know is I've spent a hell of alot of bux on this deal and I'm getting no answers .. the trks are nice .... but we need some support here .... if some is not forth coming, I'll bail and Cen can KMA .... sorry about the semi flame, but I'm getting a little fed up
Old 02-24-2006, 09:49 PM
michelob78

Well this is a support forum soo quick answers are not often. Have you tried what tiggerNbennie suggested and actually PM'ed "cen racing" or "andrew smolnik"? If that does not work, I would be on the phone.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:11 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Good idea, and I think Andrew does more than just races, I think he's a District manager of some sort. He should help you guys out, I sold my CEN's a while ago.... I still like to read up on them tho
ORIGINAL: michelob78

Well this is a support forum soo quick answers are not often. Have you tried what tiggerNbennie suggested and actually PM'ed "cen racing" or "andrew smolnik"? If that does not work, I would be on the phone.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Tinybaum

The fact still remains that you shouldnt have to jump through hoops to get answers.

As far as your parts taking so long to get, you need to find a better place to order from. I dont think i would order anything from CEN directly. . .but thats me.

CEN was my first truck i became addicted to the hobby real quick, almost bought another CEN product, but instead went with RC10. Maybe things are different for the Gen/Nem/Matrix, but durability sucks on the FF. RC10 no problems so far.

Tiny
Old 02-25-2006, 01:07 AM
RC30GTR

that is so strange.... i usually PM them and they reply right away. I called and got answer right away too. Just because CEN actually give the oppurtunity and have a support forum doesnt mean we should take it for granted. Do you even see a support forum for HPI, AE, losi....?

I seen CEN's Andrew on here among with seveal of their drives. DO you see Losi' Adam drake on here or AE's Tebo? Dont think so... now lets talk about customer service
Old 02-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Tinybaum

Take for granted? CEN hasnt answered anything on here in weeks......but they browse the board all the time. . .and from what i see there are questions that need answering on here daily

Tiny
Old 02-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tinybaum
Take for granted? CEN hasnt answered anything on here in weeks......but they browse the board all the time. . .and from what i see there are questions that need answering on here daily

Tiny
Are you reading the same forum I am? CEN Racing has over a dozen posts dated 2/24/2006. Here is one example:
ORIGINAL: CEN Racing
Give us a call at 714-792-1923 We will work through the step of setting up speed control over the phone. ITs just easier that way and we can get it done in 5 minutes.
RC Cars, Buggies and Trucks >> CEN Racing Support >> mini madness help
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_39...tm.htm#3957073
Old 02-25-2006, 02:56 AM
RC30GTR

So HPI, Losi, AE, Traxxas are better because they dont even have a support forum and CEN is bad because they have a support forum .......haha.. the way it seems, maybe its just better off for a manufacture not to have a support forum in place then there will be no complaint.. is this what we really want?

Remember that CEN doesnt own this board, we should thank them for visiting.. no other manufacture even do that..

Anyways, I really dont see how hard it is to pick up the phone and call instead of type online and wait and ***** about it... it just amazed me how immature kids are now days
Old 02-25-2006, 03:27 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Looks like CEN is back for a bit, althought they didnt reply to this particular thread as i thought they would.
It's great to have this forum even if CEN isn't on it but if they were to check this forum consistantly it would be a huge help.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:51 AM
Tinybaum

Only reason you see posts right now from CEN is their ears must be burning. Before the 24th, there wasnt a post from them in over a month. . .the 12th of Jan to be exact. Its bad enough most LHS wont provide support for CEN, but for the company to be a pain to deal with is unacceptable. As for the phone, they arent even open the hours i am awake, i only have the choice of emailing them, or to talk to them on here. So you have had a great experience with CEN. . . .i have not. . .i dont really care for their product I own either. . .

Who gives a crap if Traxxas or Losi visit the board, atleast when you email the company you can get a reply. . . .and their parts are a bit easier to find IMO.

If it wasn't for a handful of people (poor, alvinl, dustin, and other etc....) there would be a bunch of people with broken cars/trucks struggling to get them fixed.

TINY
Old 02-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

RC30GTR, do you not think people have the right to feel a little let down if the forum they subscribe to is labelled 'direct manufacturer support for your cen vehicle'? Nobody is *****ing about it, with so little distributor/ lhs support, this is one of the few places CEN owners can have specific questions answered. If the manufacturer is not replying now, there are bound to be a few owners who will lose faith in the brand. You would also be amazed at how few of the people here are 'kids'.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:35 AM
poor judgement

LMFAO!
Old 02-25-2006, 07:50 AM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: poor judgement

LMFAO!
And how's the weather in merry old England ................. a bit foggy ?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 AM
mulletman

CEn just made a couple posts!

ORIGINAL: jadda

ORIGINAL: mulletman

A month????
Where do you order from???
I live in sweden and I order from the states or my LHS and have never waited more then 2 weeks. All my packages has been caught by the customs (almost)!! When it's not caught by the customs it only takes 5 days from the states. So if i order in fridays I will have it next friday!! I think that's great!!

I order from www.headrushhobbies.com

But i do want CEN to respond on more topics

i do not know why my parts take so long but the have to be "special ordered" because he only stocks traxxas, losi and some other companies

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.