Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

TMaxx shafts on FunFactor - complete guide!!

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

TMaxx shafts on FunFactor - complete guide!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:10 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TMaxx shafts on FunFactor - complete guide!!

sorry for the first picture being on 2x... didn't realize it was there... Now for a bit more spamming... maybe one or two more
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65258.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	481529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84440.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	481530  
Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks nice man!

What shocks are those?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:50 PM
cenracer1

thanks.... I trashed the paint job on the body.. but it will do for now... the wife was a little upset when I told her I had to order another one... as far as the shocks, They are t-maxx shocks.. I don't remember what brand.. I went thru about 4 or 5 different brands before I settled on these... I think they may be dynamite or integy....
Old 06-23-2006, 12:52 PM
poor judgement

looking very tidy. u happy with it?
Old 06-23-2006, 01:22 PM
cenracer1

much more than I have ever been... The next step will be street tires and better rims... these rpm wheels are junk.... the purple anodizing came off after the first run... came off in big chunks... How do you like your imex wheels?
As far as the truck goes... its amazing how much quieter the drivetrain is... no more metalic sounds.. everything is smoother and tighter(less play)... have to try it at the track with some real jumps.. I never got around to the ramp I have because I was also working on my sons electric 4-tec with the 9 turn motor... OMG that thing is fast... used to go around 20 mph... now up to around 40mph maybe more... I was going to drag race with the cen, but no point... the electric would smoke it off the line and the cen would pass it in about 50 feet... the prob with the cen is high speed handling... its a beast to drive high speed with these tires... hence the street rubber...
Poor Judgement... how is yours holding up? especially with the 28.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:09 AM
poor judgement

good to hear its worked out ok.

my imex wheels have been used on the beach... so the finish has had a hammering around the rims, but if it wasnt for the sand, theyd have held up pretty well i reckon.

yea - high speed handling... fun eh? i found mine will go over virtually anything in a straight line, but cornering was... erm... erratic? i went for some very soft springs to allow more weight transfer etc - seemed to help quite a lot along with thinner shock oil. those low profile panther tyres give much more control - but only on a very smooth surface, the foams are very hard. on rough stuff the panthers are pants.

mine is in bits at the mo and packed away, has been for a while now. the .28 and my driving gave everything a hard time tbh. shafts are ok now, the 2 speed has been blown up too many times, so i have a single speed setup that i put together, no slipper, just 1st gears spur.

its worth tring some 1/8 buggy wheels on there - it looks silly for sure, but u will not believe the handling and speed - try it mate.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:40 AM
cenracer1

I think the next set will be the imex rims..... I like the tires (prolines) although they have a bit of sidewall roll...... I have the stiff inserts in them so it helps a bit... I couldn't get any deal on the panthers so I went with the prolines...... I have the suspension pretty plush so it doesn't traction roll on dirt or sand... but grass and asphalt is another story... I use the same tires and rims on my gs storm sut and because of the wider (much) stance, they are unreal on any surface... so much grip its scary.... its fun to do wheelies on a truggy... turns on a dime at any speed...
As far as putting buggy tires on it.. I don't know... I haven't gotten used to the look yet..
Old 06-24-2006, 11:49 AM
poor judgement

its not too bad with the schlesser shell (apols for the condition of mine) - in case u havent seen that pic already...

Name:	Ge95751.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	482000  
Old 06-24-2006, 11:56 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I have had silver Imex's for almost a year now and they have seen heavy use on grass, dirt and pavement and they haven't even gotten any big chips or scratches!
Old 06-24-2006, 12:05 PM
poor judgement

just had a flick thru my truck pics folder... the imex wheels with the brick pins on are unmarked, but the panther clad, blue ones are hammered around the rim, especially the rear wheels - all due to how the different tyres fit, as the brick pins are a lot wider than the rim, but the panthers are not - that and my beach running shananigans.

old silver ones and brand new blues - just so u can see the difference in tyre and rim fit. yes im bored.

Name:	Wu59429.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	482009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98865.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	482010  
Old 06-24-2006, 02:28 PM
cenracer1

I do like the way those panthers fit on the rims... I may just do a set to see how they work... I don't think my kyosho buggy tires will fit, but they are cheap enough ones out there to try.... I have the same issues with my prolines sticking out past the rims... that where all the sidewall flex comes from... I may cut out a section of the rubber and see how that works... I saw that in one of my magazines a while back... maybe it will help...........
Old 06-24-2006, 02:42 PM
poor judgement

id definately get some softer foams if possible, for the panthers. or at least smaller foams - they look like theyre meant for a much bigger tyre.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:42 PM
cenracer1

shave them down... thats what I did with the prolines......could have used a shoehorn to put them in......
Old 06-24-2006, 06:03 PM
poor judgement

lmao - aye.

im tempted to try the panthers with no foam at all, just for the beach. the brick pins are good, but not perfect on the sand... and the buggy wheels... perfect, but look ridiculous...

maybe ill try the 2.2s... lol