Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Bit quiet - what u guys up to?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Bit quiet - what u guys up to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 06:32 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit quiet - what u guys up to?

Well?
Old 06-29-2006, 06:53 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Bit quiet - what u guys up to?

Has been a bit dull in this forum eh?

Working on fitting a .28 STS the the MT2.

I like the stock battery/ reciever box, but I can't figure out how to work the linkage for this slide carb and still keep the big box...

CT5 mounts look like the will work, but I forgot to get the engine plate and a flywheel nut, so I'm just waiting for those.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:59 PM
michelob78

All my RC's got dumped on by the recent rain and flood we have had in the northeast U.S. I have been busy cleaning that mess. I also spent my Wednesday sand bagging. But all is fine, got to get that genny cleaned up and some fuel through it
Old 06-29-2006, 07:01 PM
jason986

sorry to hear that michelob, hope everything goes well with you, and most of all i hope your rc stuff comes out okay.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:03 PM
CEN Racing

The reason it is quieter (IMO) here now is we are doing such a better job (IMO) of staying on top of customer service issues with our cars, trucks and customers.

Before I showed up at CEN Racing there was no one to deal with customer service emails or calls from day to day. Now it is the number one priority of the company. Without happy customers we have nothing! We have totaly revamped everything we do, how we handle warranty issues and customer service and tech support.

Our goal is to keep all of our customers happy with our products and their experience with CEN Racing. We are doing all we can to rebuild our image from the past and make progress towards the future!

GB
Old 06-29-2006, 07:04 PM
CEN Racing

Oh yeah...also it is summer so people are doing other activities other than RC Cars!!!! Forgot to mention that!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:05 PM
mr.edzadventure

I am trying to keep my fun factors running[:@] I am rebuilding a 2wd fun factor from awhole bunch of spare parts. I an getting tierd of ripping these trucks apart after 10 min of playing. Isn't this hobby fun[:-]
Old 06-29-2006, 07:08 PM
jason986

Hey Cen, I apreceate all the support, I have a genesis le and any of the problems that i have ran into i have been able to find out how to fix them on here. Unlike alot of other companies that just sell you the trucks and then they expect you to figure out everything else out and dont provide any support.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:26 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the status of your RC collection PJ? You pack it all away or post it on Ebay?

We took the ATX to the local track yesterday. It is pretty much stock. The only upgrades to date are the .18 conversion and a set of Proline Dirt Hawgs. Tires are a little large, but they hooked up pretty good and it still has descent power. The only problem was we kept breaking the diff cups. I never modded the ATX diff cups because they never gave me a problem like the MT2 did. But the little jumps and rough surface at the track made quick work of them. We went through 3 diff cups in the 1st 2 tanks. Then he hit the tubes and cartwheeled. The motor just reved like the spur was shot, but upon examining it, we broke a front and rear diff cup, both on the same side. Sooo, it will be sporting a full set of modded diff cups the next time we take it with us. The Revo did really good. Last Sunday we blew a rear diff on it at the track, but today it held up good. I have a set of Losi Zombie Maxx tires on it and they hook up really good. Very soft, sticky tires. And the OS .18TM really hauls on the straights. There was one guy there with a new Revo 3.3 and it stood toe to toe with him on the straight. Another guy there with a MGT 4.6 wanted to know how big a motor we had in it and couldn't believe it was a .18. Last but not least, the Savage blew another shock cap off. I didn't even know it until we were leaving. It's fun but not nearly nimble enough for the track. And the stiff suspension had me sliding all over the place. But it's still my baby.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:47 PM
mr.edzadventure

Before I showed up at CEN Racing there was no one to deal with customer service emails or calls from day to day.
Without happy customers we have nothing! We have totaly revamped everything we do, how we handle warranty issues and customer service and tech support.
Hear,Hear When I have delt with CEN I have been treated very good I like to see a company customer focused keep it up.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Is there other activities? lol Im out beating the hell out of my Baja 5th scale buggy, and in the process of building 2 1/10-1/5th rc tracks, one at my place one at my neighbors. There is a track about 35 miles of here, and its the only track within maybe 100 - 150 miles. 1/10 and 1/8th only, we have 2 areas, mine is about 60ft x 220ft, and his is in an ell shape, 1 part 180ft x 60ft and 100 ft of the 180 elled over another 70ft makeing the 2 outside corners 180x130. shoud prove to be a riot.
i think its time for some compitition.
also picked up a new 1/5th onraod to play with. A Bergonzoni Brave with a Porche 911 lid, you can see them all includeint the CT5 in my models. getting the at set up to take to my local parking lots and give it i whirl... any heli plane and most tmaxx stuff is going out the door. pm me.
if i can find someone i trust to drive my CT5, we can have a race. the Berg should do about 60-75 with a 23cc matched, ported, and polished Berg Boss engine Dyno'd @ 4.6hp at 17,000 RPM. i think it would be a great race. would blow alot of myths right out of the water, like, how well the CT5 is really built. and how insainly fast a 1/5th, like the CT5, can truely be....
you can call my a voyer, i call me a big old kid!..lol my sig says it all[8D]
Timmahh
Old 06-30-2006, 11:33 AM
RacinRon

Thanks for the increase in customer service CEN , it is/will pay off!!! Your companies image is already getting much better , especially with the Matrix Pro starting to make its way around. The truggy will definatelty set it off. Your drivers are top notch and very helpful which is huge for PR. The only thing needed in my opinion is an outside sales force here on the east coast. My local hobby shop never sees any sales reps from any R/C companies. And according to him if a rep from ANY company would visit him once a month he would carry their product for sure. Thats where I come in. LOL , I am going to submitt my resume to CEN for a sales position. They have several listed on their site. we shall see!! Ron
Old 06-30-2006, 11:46 AM
CEN Racing

Do it Ron. We do have regional sales reps spread out here and there, but more are needed! Most of the RC companies headquarters are based on the West Coast. The cost to visit every store would be overwhelming for any company. Trust me, I have tried to get the brass to send our sales guys around to other regions than just the so cal area. We are trying!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:27 PM
poor judgement

Hey Cen, have you thought about the UK?

Losi Zombie Maxx
hmmm, ive bee looking at those for a while now... they look the business.

all mine is boxed up at the mo, but ive got got stuck waiting for parts on the 1:1 project, typical... cleared it all away, and then ended up with time on my hands... unless anyone has a working clutch slave cylinder assembly for a Honda S800 by any chance?

hey - uve gotta ask...
Old 06-30-2006, 12:37 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry, no. I've got a broken one for an MG...?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:50 PM
poor judgement

close, but no cigar
Old 06-30-2006, 01:37 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been trying to find time to run the trucks and stuff but with the new baby on the way and the summer car selling season in full swing, I don't usually get home till after 10:00pm.... I did run the mt2 yesterday for a little bit in the morning as well as the burns buggy and everything worked great again... The rain in the east coast isn't helping... Michelob... I know how you feel.. My wife wanted me to go fishing instead of running the trucks... She said she didn't realize the rivers were flooded... ... maybe I should spend more time with her?
Old 06-30-2006, 03:46 PM
azzman

I havent been running my trucks too much lately, but both the .12 and the .18 FF's are going sweet...I have a hybrid Savage Flat Chassis build on the go at the moment, so my times spent on that...I love custom building...
Old 06-30-2006, 05:45 PM
craigb

...blimey... all my cars are in the corner collecting dust been abit busy doing bike lessons and ****e[&o]
Old 07-01-2006, 08:08 PM
poor judgement

azzman - got any pics of the os12 jt setup? just curious mate...
Old 07-02-2006, 05:20 AM
azzman

OK bro, will get some up...
Old 07-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a complete set of bearings for the CEN on wednesday and stripped it down to its last nut and bolt, gave it a good clean, some new grease and fitted the bearings. Runs like a champ!! Other than that I have been racing my GSs and watching the dust accumulate on the Savage!!