Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 09:49 PM
eromeros

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake problem

Hello...i have a magnum nx and the brake was working flaelessly...suddenly my truck just won't brake as it used to do....i mean..the change was very noticeable..not gradual..

From one tank of nitro to another the brake changed...now it seem to be sluggish..it takes a lot of time to brake..before i could drift my truck now i'm lucky if i make it stop in less than ten feet...

What could be the roblem here? could it be just that the brake is wet or has some nitro on the disk?...i checked and could see nothing...i didn't move the brake linkage and i didn't crash

Hope you guys can help me sole the problem..thanks
Old 07-07-2006, 10:21 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brake problem

Make sure the throttle trim on your radio is not turned all the way to one direction. Ideally, it should be in the middle. If that is not it, let check out the brake adjustments. With the top off and the motor off, turn on the electronics. Watch the servo pull the brake lever as you apply the brakes. Make sure the rod attached to the servo horn is not just slipping on the brake lever and not pulling it. If all looks good, you can adjust your brakes very easily. Make sure your radio trim is set to the middle. There is a metal stop on the rod that pulls the brakes on. In that stop is a small set screw. If you loosen the set screw, you can slide the stop a little bit (only do small adjustments at a time and test how it works) toward the servo. This will engage the brakes sooner. Tighten it back down and test it. If you want more brakes, move the stop a little more.

Edit - Added picture of what to adjust if nothing else fixes it. This will adjust the brakes.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87026.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	488415  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:21 PM
azzman

I would start with re-checking the adjustment, hold the brake on with the transmitter (truck not running) and push the truck and see if it moves or not. This should give you an indication of how much the brakes are going on, then adjust as necessary.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:56 AM
poor judgement

one other thing - does the magnum have a plastic brake piston? i melted my plastic one with some nasty results. might be worth checking that too, but its most likely the linkage has slipped/worn, as the guys say.

the optional metal disc and metal piston are well worth the money, add a more powerful servo and u will have all the brakes u will ever need.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:01 AM
eromeros

thanks for your help..

I engaged the brake manually and then moved the truck...at some point the brake works very well...so i guess i'm going to adjust the brake collet to make it go to the point where it brakes as it should be...thaks...

Elias