Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Steering malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:10 PM
eromeros

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering malfunction

Hello all,

Recently i noticed something odd in my CT5..whenever i turn to the left and then let go the steering wheel, the wheels go back to the neutral position, but this is not true for the right turns...when i turn to the right and let go the steering wheel, the wheels do not fully return to the neutral position, they return slightly toward the neutral position but never reach it..i have to give it a little tap to the left in order for the wheel to reach the center position.

What could the the problem here?..it seems that for some reason the steering has some kind of hysteresis. I've already checked all the linkages for proper movement and all move freely in both ways, i changed the servo for a metal one with 10kg of torque and the problem persists..which makes me think is something wrong whit the linkages..but then again..i could not find anything wrong..

Any ideas or tips that can help me solve the problem?

Thanks

Elias
Old 07-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Frank88888888

Default RE: Steering malfunction

same thing happens to me with my tr4 at first it run dead straight then after i make a turn or two it leans right, what i usualy do is on the remote move the nobe that changes were the wheels stay i put them a little to the left so when it goes back its stays in the middle...wow im really bad at explaining thingshope that helps
Old 07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
azzman

And check the toe on the front wheels, check for any binding in the linkages, do this with the servo disconnected. Are both wheels returning to straight ahead if you put it up on blocks (so wheels arent on ground) and move the steering left an right?
Old 08-05-2006, 08:53 AM
eromeros

Hello....

I still have the problem...the wheels do not return to center position even when the car is on air...i thought it could be the receiver, tried with another one and had the same problem. There's no binding at all, i double checked all the ball links and they move freele.

I'm really confused...averithing seems to be OK bur then again..the problem is still there. I can drive it like this ...no problem...but now i'm thrilled to know what could be the cause of the problem.

Elias
Old 08-05-2006, 11:19 AM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried to re-center your steering servo?
To do this you need to take the servo arm off of the servo and put it back on so the wheels are straight and the servo is centered. You might need to have the radio turned and the trim set to zero so the servo is held in the center position.

rolland
Old 08-06-2006, 12:10 AM
boris4ka

It might be a stripped horn. Something similar happened to my buggy. You won't notice the stripped part, just try another horn and see if that works.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:05 AM
poor judgement

cheap servos dont return back to their centre position very consistantly - thats one reason why theyre cheap. a reasonably cheap, but uprated servo from the stock one will help.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:30 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with PJ. Cheap servos are just that, cheap. A better servo would center better as well as function more powerfully.