Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

No acceleration anymore

Old 09-14-2006, 09:01 PM
offroadfury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No acceleration anymore

I took my Fun Factor out today and I was not getting any serious acceleration anymore. It is bogging down like it does not want to move. I have to have it full throttle before it will start to go. Here is what I have doe since the last time I drove it. Oh and this was orginally a Fun Factor ATX.

new clutch bell w/ pinions 14/17
New Stock Magnum tires
Aluminum Brake Seat
New pullstart

Could it be the weight of the new Magnum tires causing this or something else

Also I had the Proline Moab tires on there prier but had to get wider tires cause I could not make sharp turns without flipping my truck and the truck didn't bog down like it does now.

Oh I also forgot it will not hit second gear anymore either

Old 09-15-2006, 12:21 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: No acceleration anymore

14/17 seems a bit tall... what engine are you running?..... I have 11/14 in my ff with proline maxx wheels and I can barely hit 2nd with the os 18.... try gearing down the clutch bell to 11/14... the engine probably can't pull the tall tires and the high gearing... That would explain the bogging... Before I fixed my shift points, mine would start in 2nd with a bad bog...
Old 09-15-2006, 03:56 PM
offroadfury

Right now the stock N-16, but will be getting the OS 18 soon
Old 09-18-2006, 08:00 PM
offroadfury

Ok the problem is not with the pinions. I just installed the 11/14 pinions and the truck runs as normal till about 3/4 of the way through the first tank then starts to bogg down again. I really think this is some type of an engine issue. Can I get some help as to what problems I am facing
Old 09-19-2006, 07:24 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are having issues like that there are several things to check out... bogging like that can be cause by lean or rich settings but sounds lean.. I have had that happen with my os and I thought rich.. set to lean and made worse, went back a bit richer and engine ran much better... also, could be the great fuel tank in the cen, or even fuel lines....any air bubbles in the lines... have to start somewhere.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:29 AM
offroadfury

No bubbles in the fuel lines and no leaks in the tank, I also replaced the fuel lines about a week ago. It is raining today so I can't take it out for a run to see if is running to lean yet unless the rain lets up
Old 09-19-2006, 06:28 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked your clutch shoes? If the engine is reving and the truck is not moving chances are it is the clutch shoes.

rolland
Old 09-19-2006, 09:25 PM
offroadfury

The clutch shoes were replaced two weeks ago and are barely broke in. The truck will go I just have to hold full throttle the truck will travel about 20 feet at about 15 mph before it will start to cut lose and gain more speed. It takes about about 100+ feet before it gets up to full speed