Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Fancy a New Custom Funfactor/NX Chassis?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Fancy a New Custom Funfactor/NX Chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:16 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fancy a New Custom Funfactor/NX Chassis?

First off - is DrHonda still producing, or does he have any stock, of ARO shock towers? He was really good to us and made some nice bits, I dont want to tread on his toes with this.

So... Gabe has offered to help us out with making up another stronger, stiffer and prettier chassis. Like a racing special, if you like. This is an offer that would be very silly to let go - Gabe is a very successful, well known and respected racer.

What are people thoughts and requirements now?

Personally I think its mostly been covered in the other thread. But now the FunFactor is obsolete, shouldnt we go more with the Talon/NX sized chassis - Im thinking mainly about the extra length and therefore centre drive shaft than anything else.

Width? I reckon it could do with an extra 1" - maybe 1.5" extra, what do you guys think?

Anyone got any drawings from last time around that would help? Ive got the JT chassis drawn up, so that can be modded, along with a copy of my centre diff setup anyone got anything else?

Right, thats it so far. Please have a look at the ARO chassis thread before posting, to see where we got up to last time we had a chance of a custom chassis. The thread is [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4209686/tm.htm]here[/link].
Old 11-14-2006, 07:43 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fancy a New Custom Funfactor/NX Chassis?

I got another set of shock towers from Dr Honda fairly recently for the Magnum chassis I am putting together. I had the impression he would produce more if needed, but we will need DrH to confirm that.

On the chassis, I might be in. And the full length support that runs from the top deck to the brake would also be nice. It would really stiffen the chassis up nice with the aluminum brake seat. I will leave the customization up to you guys that know this stuff. I know you guys will come up with something really good. And if/when Dr Honda also produces a custom chassis, I will buy one from him.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in. Talon/Magnum length is a definite, no point in making it shorter now that everything is being made to fit the longer plate. Wider doesn't really affect me too much so I will go with the flow on that one.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:15 PM
modestone

Can put me on the list of those who want any custom made parts that meet the NX standard!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 PM
poor judgement

Sorry guys, change of plan.

Gabes not going to be able to do this afterall. Not that there was an overwelming response anyway...

Hes leaving CEN and off to pastures new. I understand he wont be posting on here anymore either, unfortunately.

Shame, Gabes a nutter, hes the man! Go Gabe!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:57 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey PJ, did you see Gabes post on the now absent and infamous thread titled "My Comments On CEN #2"?? He was brutaly honest about being the guy that posted and locked that thread. He even went further to say that he was following orders from CEN execs against his better judgement, just like he had to do in the military!!!!..I read that post while @ work and by the time I got home from work the whole thread was gone!! Too bad for Gabe he was THE man!!! I just wonder what both sides of that story was??? But I bet CEN is too "shy" to enlighten us..

Kinda funny tho that Notch went on a posting blitz a day after that, might not mean anything, just VERY interesting

I now feel uneasy about saying ANYTHING negative about CEN..

"Long Live Gabriel Boudreu!!!!

Sorry about the highjacking...Back to the fun stuff!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:23 PM
alvinl

So Gabe is gone? It's a shame, he really knew his stuff. I seen the post Dogman was referring to. I was surprised that Gabe was the one who posted it, but we all have bad days I guess.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:48 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: poor judgement

Sorry guys, change of plan.

Gabes not going to be able to do this afterall. Not that there was an overwelming response anyway...

Hes leaving CEN and off to pastures new. I understand he wont be posting on here anymore either, unfortunately.

Shame, Gabes a nutter, hes the man! Go Gabe!
That sucks... I like CEN stuff. Like the FFs and Love the genesis, but I didn't care for the "controversial" thread. Too bad Gabe's gone too

Well, anyone hear form Dr. Honda lately? know he was busy with the job and kid and all.

Would be nice to get these chassis made up, but it never seems to work out eh?
Old 11-17-2006, 12:54 AM
azzman

Guys, this is just an observation, but if you are all in agreement that the Magnum size shassis is the go then, and hey Im just brainstorming here, this may seem really crazy but why not just GET THE MAGNUM CHASSIS!!! And come up with a decent custom brace......

Honestly with a brace the stock item it WILL be strong enough...
Old 11-17-2006, 03:38 AM
poor judgement

Dont be so bloody boring Azzman! I mean... stock parts? Who uses those? Tut.

Dustin - I got a mail from DrH this morning, attached are the latest drawings that he has of the chassis.

I had a little chat with Gabe last night too. I dont think he has any issues with CEN, an opportunity came up that would have been daft for him to turn down.

I didnt realise his post had been taken off. I did read that explaination, it was good to see just what had gone on, made it much easier to appreciate what was said and why. Now its gone you say? Well it would wouldnt it...
Old 11-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Timmahh
Banned

yep, heaven forbid someone state TRUTHS and FACTS here, and they get left up for the masses to see.

So Gabe left CEN. interesting. i found out anohter top guy from HPI recently left his position with HPI for a better job.. wonder if these to nutz are working together now? if they are, then we re all in for a treat. cuz if they are working together, the new place they are working should ROCK!.

Timmahh
Old 11-17-2006, 06:04 PM
dustin7837

ORIGINAL: azzman

Guys, this is just an observation, but if you are all in agreement that the Magnum size shassis is the go then, and hey Im just brainstorming here, this may seem really crazy but why not just GET THE MAGNUM CHASSIS!!! And come up with a decent custom brace......

Honestly with a brace the stock item it WILL be strong enough...
Actually, I bought one, but then found out about the hole for the brake seat being too big so I just dropped it. I guess I could mig the hole shut and redrill... But I have been too busy (and maybe lazy) to give it a try.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:06 PM
BootMachine

I really want a new chassis...my OS .18CVRX running 30% nitro and T11 pinion twisted my stock FF chassis GOOD! Required a lot of hammering to get straight again..

A while ago I tried to produce aluminum diff cases...I did the drawings but then I moved...got a new job...got a new girl...put the FF in a big box and nobody heard from me again...

UNTIL NOW!

I'm working at a machine shop and I MAY have the ability to produce parts for you guys. I JUST started working for this new company and they have two CNC mills I NEVER see running. SO...when I get a little more comfortable at work I'm going to try throwing some code in one and see what happens.

I will check back with you guys in a few weeks.

I have an MT2 so I want these parts just as bad as you guys...

Dont give up hope! keep the designs flowing...I will try and get a machine running!
Old 11-18-2006, 08:15 PM
dustin7837

Awesome! And your from Canada! So fast shipping for me if this works out. lol
Old 11-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Guys,

First… Let me start with… You are not stepping on my toes by getting other people to make up parts. I will even help if possible. (like giving up my drawings)

Second… I hope to get back into my shoppe more after the first of the year. If there is still a need for some new parts (like this chassis) I will start working again on it. But if someone else is making one… I will not try to compete with them.

Now… if you guys want shock towers, or wheel adaptors (parts I already have tooling for) I can make them on demand. I should be able to produce a few parts on the weekends.

My problem right now is, by the time I get home from my day job, have dinner, feed and bath the baby… it’s time for the baby to go to bed. Normally, my “Hobby Time” was 8pm to 1am. But I can’t run my CNC mill because my shoppe (garage) is directly under the baby’s room. The wife could sleep threw the noise, but the baby can’t. Also, I’ve been traveling more for work… and it’s hard to get motivated to do hobby related things. For example… my Maxx Gasser was getting redone in alloy parts before the baby came. Well… it’s been sitting apart for 7 months now.

Anyway… I’m always an e-mail away if you guys need something… or to just ask a question.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:51 PM
alvinl

Great to hear from you Dr Honda. Nice to hear things are going good, although busy. You can always count me in for a chassis and I know you will sell a few others when you make them. I think Gabe had a falling out with CEN or something and is not going to have any parts made now. Not sure what happened, others may know more.

Anyways, happy holidays to you and your family.

Alvin.