Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Is the MT2 a good beginner's truck?

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Is the MT2 a good beginner's truck?

Old 11-18-2006, 10:38 AM
lacrosse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the MT2 a good beginner's truck?

Is the MT2 a good beginner's truck? How durable is it, and what are some pros and cons? thanks
Old 11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
azzman

Default RE: Is the MT2 a good beginner's truck?

Dont get the MT2, get the Magnum, which is an MT2 hopped up really...

And yea it will be a good beginners truck.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Gary.Mc.D.

The MT2 is a brill truck and youd be really happy with it. Like azzman says go for the Magnum. Its a hopped up version of the MT2 and more up to date. With reagrds to the pros and cons well...I have to say I think there is very little cons. The Magmum and MT2 are great trucks and are great fun to drive.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:49 PM
BootMachine

Buy the Magnum or Talon...same thing as the MT2 with minor changes and all the kinks worked out.

As for the MT2 or Magnum being beginners trucks...I would NOT recommend these trucks to anyone who is not mechanically inclined.

Some of the repairs and mods are difficult for some people and can result in a lot of frustration. I got my buddy to buy a CEN MT2 and he hates it because he totally sucks at doing repairs....I LOVE mine and would buy another CEN for sure...

Also..there are NO hobby shops where I live that carry CEN parts...so everything takes a week to order in...I just keep a small inventory of parts handy to minimize down time. I order all my parts through http://www.customrccars.com .... they never let me down.

IMHO...the best performance for the lowest $$$$$$...I'm very happy with my MT2
Old 11-18-2006, 06:57 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Best bang for your buck truck is definately the CEN magnum. It is very easy to work on and easy to diagnose problems if you have any. It's not super fast like a revo, and not super durable like a savage, but it's right in between and its cheap.

Like bootmachine says though, you may not be able to get parts locally, so do take that into consideration.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:47 PM
notch

go for it dude!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:45 PM
high79boy

Hello all Iam new here and new to nitro . I bought a Cen Fun Factor MT2 new on e-bay realy cheap. My girlfriend bought me my first gallon of fuel and wrapped it for Christmas . Christmas day I spent all day outside doing break in . I looked all over the web for break in tips and printed several sheets and spent several hours reading .I also printed and read everything i could find on here about the pros and cons of the Cen fun factor mt2 . First I have to say thank you very much to Fuelman I followed his break in to the letter and now I have a nitro mt that starts on the very first pull wow . I tweaked and played with ideas on the suspension front and rear . I hit a stump at 3/4 throttle and stripped the plastic steering servo gears . Ten Min's on e-bay and I had a new steel gear servo on its way to the house . I so far had had no other problems and this thing is extremely fast ,extremely fun and a lot more durable than i ever would have thought . I think it is safe to say I'm hooked . I am a diesel mechanic by trade and i enjoy sitting down with my soon to be step son and working on these things to see him learn and enjoy it is as much fun as tearing up the yard with it . My step son to be is hooked also . He is 18 and after i received my mt2 in mail he wanted one for Christmas also . Now a week after Christmas he has a Acme 1/10 off road buggy ,a Nirto rustler ,and a Savage mt . Thank you all so very much .
high79boy
Old 01-03-2007, 08:59 PM
heidmann1

The mt2 is a ok truck The magnum is more reliable due to the fact it had all the problems fixed that the mt's had. With a couple mods the mt's are reliable too. I just added a chassis brace from the center diff plate to the servo screw and did the diff cup mod and I have had no troubles. I will say I bought mine just to play around with at home but If you have the money a revo or t-maxx is a WAY better performer and more reliable. BUT Twice as much........... For the money They are a great deal!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:58 PM
azzman

Well not twice as much but more yes.
2.5 Revo $399
2.5 T-Maxx $350
Savage X $440