Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

ct4s problem

Old 11-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Distinct Pitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ct4s problem

ok i have a stock ct4s and my belt is loose and comes off i want to know how to tightin the belt or how i can fix this problem or i will be forced to sell my car and don't reall won't to
Old 11-21-2006, 02:43 AM
CEN Racing

Default RE: ct4s problem

Which belt came loose? If its the center main belt, try tighten down the belt tensioner. give us a call or email us if you have any questions. Thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Sleg8

Hi CEN Racing - I would also like some help with this matter (belt 3-417).

I recently purchased a CEN CT4-S and I find the product to be well produced and packaged. I've enjoyed driving it and tweaking it. I am however experiencing a little difficulty in retaining the front drive belt on its rear cog (25T). This happens repeatedly after a couple of minutes of run time with the belt becoming wedged between the cog and mounts.

My CT4 was shipped with the tension device for the underside of the radio tray. I have experimented with different tensions to little effect. I've purchased multiple replacement parts for the 25T cog from my LHS however the plastic becomes deformed quickly from little pebbles and the belt coming off.

On a second matter. My next attempt is to purchase the aluminium 25T cog (CTS29) with a hope that it will be more durable, however, it seems to be unavilable on CENs Part's direct website. Do you know when this will be available.

regards,

Sleg8

I would also welcome some tuning tips to secure the front belt as everything I've tried to date has been unsuccessful. FYI - I haven't had any of the other belts come of once.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:12 PM
SBGasser
Banned

there are afew great thread in THIS forum for modding the tensioners and modding a few things and useing HPI belts. i understand the hpi belts are a bit stronger, though i have not personally used them. anohter mod you can do is use a THIN piece of lexan, and put it between your chassis and the the rest of the assembly to block out the holes on the bottom of the chassis to help keep the rocks and pebbles out.
SBG
Old 01-31-2007, 03:05 AM
Sleg8

thanks SBGasser. I have a thin piece of lexan on the chassis which has helped somewhat. I have read some of the modifications for the belts, however, they appear quite extensive involving HPI belts and re-drilling holes in the chassis to mount additional belt tensioners. Are there any CT4(5) owners out there who manage to keep their front belts on, without extensive modifications? If so, I would welcome some pointers.

Thanks, Sleg8