Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST 7.7 Stuttering

Old 01-04-2007, 08:43 PM
poopsie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GST 7.7 Stuttering

I just picked up this truck a couple days ago and went through the break in. On our first run with it today, the truck seems to stutter, or hesitate a bit. We tried tuning the engine, but it didn't help at all. If I stomp on it, it doesn't do it all the time, but if I gradually increase power it does it. Could this been a problem in the tranny or the third gear problem I have read about? Or is this a tuning issue? Thanks!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:22 AM
notch

Default RE: GST 7.7 Stuttering

Since the car is new I would still run it fat at least on the bottom end wich I run .9mm out from flush.
The car is having a stutter when the clutch is kicking in... which most times yes- it can be solved by leanin the top end a bit
You could back out the screws a 1/8th of a turn or so to get it to decide on second with more confidence as well
Old 01-05-2007, 07:26 AM
poopsie

Cool, I will give that a shot! Thanks!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:30 AM
poopsie

This was posted on cenracing.com, is this something I have to do to fix my problem???

The mysterious and dreaded G G G G GENESIS imaginary shshshshshift problem? Seems to "bounce in and out" of second gear from 1st? Is it hammering your pinions? (the sharp shiny ones on the front of the motor?) I cured my problem when i did the conversion to the diffs with the aluminum housing and those beefy assed outdrives. I was supposed to also get the center trans upgrade but I already had the MTM brakes and still wanted 3rd and reverse. What does this mean to you? Not much. I dont know what specifically fixed the problem other than the 300$ for the parts. (my guess is that you hit second gear so fast that it bounces back into 1st then shifts , bounce etc.) Upshot is the upgrade is sooo bulletproof, no more wearing out those tiny diff outdrives or replacing pins on the telescope shaft. And minimal wear on the pinions. It seems if you throw enough money at it and then some more , and then more, it starts to feel better, usually later, much later. Another thing I can say is your motor is putting out some real power for you to have this problem