Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

If my engine is (looser than a sidewalk crawler)

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

If my engine is (looser than a sidewalk crawler)

Old 01-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Genesistytsis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If my engine is (looser than a sidewalk crawler)

If I cant fix the problems in my CEN engine.. I might.. have a go at modding my chassis to take this .76 engine... dunno what that is in CC's
http://www.canyoudiy.com/index.php?c...ew&prodID=8274

I may have to change the carb for a slide carb rather than twist though.

Anyone think this is far fetched or a nice idea if I can pull it off?

These engines arent too expensive actually, oh but looking at the specs of that engine its half the horsepower.

Anyone know of other engines that have the same spec or better than the stock CEN one?

Thanks
-Jed
Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: If my engine is (looser than a sidewalk crawler)

first of all your looking at an airplane engine, not one designed for a monster truck.... they don't spin too fast either, that is why the lower output.... you will have to regear the cen to work with that.. probably go much slower... what kind of problems are you having with the cen engine?.. my experience with them is pretty good... cooling on the GMS engine will be a major issue.. very small head.. designed for airplane.. prop wash and cowl cooling is how they work... Would be interesting to see how it works, but don't expect alot... the other issue would be exhaust... the GMS uses a muffler attached to engine.. the Genesis uses a tuned header and pipe.. rear exhaust.. alot of issues finding the correct size.. I would look into a .30 OS or cheaper SH or something like that.. at least you get the proper RPM's and mounting...
Old 01-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Genesistytsis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If my engine is (looser than a sidewalk crawler)

Yeah, i realised after posting that it was a Aero engine lol.
my engine problems were in another thread ''priming problems on genesis'' i think its called.

Is the CEN engine the only .46 truck engine out there? wouldnt mind a smaller engine if it had the same horse power.
still not for definate on an engine swap til i get the time to break the CEN one down to see where the leaks coming from.