Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

gst 7.7 clutch bell

Old 01-11-2007, 12:25 AM
whitaker44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gst 7.7 clutch bell

i just started the three tank portion of the driving break in period, and it sounds like the clutch bell and i guess its the spur gear... anyway it sounds like it is just to tight, but the cen dealer thinks its the xmsn. anyone else had any problems like that??? or could it just be the gears need to broken in too?? thanks in advance guys.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: gst 7.7 clutch bell

Witaker what makes it SOUND tight? An easy way to tll if it is tight is to raise it up off of the wheels and rotate the wheels in a direction that makes the gears and clutch bell spin..if the gears and clutch bell spin freely then your mesh is not too tight..If everything is still tight then spin the clutch bell only by hand. if that seems tight then the Xmsn is ok but the clutch bell is tight..you could also just spin the wheels in a direction that clutch bell doe not spin..if it seems tight then the xmsn is tight...get it? not sure I did....

Hope this helps-Have fun!!
Old 01-11-2007, 02:42 PM
whitaker44

well if you lift it off the ground, you can spin it but it certain spots when you turn it, it gets hard to spin the wheels. lol i hope you can understand that. and it makes a whine noise when you drive it, kinda like a supercharger schrill. thanks
Old 01-11-2007, 04:38 PM
CEN Racing

Check the "backlash" there should be a tiny bit of pla between those two gears... some of our team drivers have been having great success with Sullivan DRY ICE lube.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:13 PM
RCOldGuy

You`ll have to readjust spur gear, mine was way to tight. You might want to check the gears in the trans and put some black grease on them. I checked mine and was bone dry. It`s alot quieter now. I also had to buy new diff cases front and rear, got fed-up with the lock tite they put on the screws. Get that sticky grease out of your diffs and run 50,000 wt. oil in them. Makes the whole truck better. I`m going to try and get the center diff apart this weekend and do something with it. Joe
Old 01-14-2007, 12:25 AM
whitaker44

well when my truck hits second, it pulls hard to the left and cen said that it might be a jammed rear left out drive bearing in th erear diff. so i guess what better time then now to pull it all apart. i hope that it is no to difficult. as for the grease in the center diff.... how do i tell if it has any?? as far as i can see through the shift dust cover there is nothing in there.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:51 AM
RCOldGuy

Whitaker, got the center diff apart yesterday and needed to use my Blazer micro torch to get it hot enough to get the screws out. If you don`t have some kind of torch for heat you`ll strip the hex on the screws. If that happens use 1/8 drill bit and drill the head off the screws to get gears out of the diff and get new diff cases part #GS001. Got mine from Headrush Hobbies.com., nice place to deal with, come with new screws too.
My GST pulled hard to the right on takeoff and if I corrected the steering it would go hard left, almost crashed a couple of time because if it. Its not hard to get everything apart on your truck it just takes alot of time to do it right. I put 50,000 wt. in the center diff also.
The dust cover is just that, you will have to take the tranny out and take it apart to get to the diff. Check you manual on how to do this, check your gears then. I used Hob-E-Lube Moly Grease with molybdenum on all the gears, go easy on the grease, a little goes a long way. Hope this helps a little, Joe.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:50 AM
poopsie

I am having the same problem with my truck pulling HARD to the left in second and third. Has anyone else run into something like this? I have read about people taking apart the center diff and putting in some lube and the rear diffs and putting in some lube. Can you explain a little bit more about this? And also where should I put some dry ice lube? I am getting confused reading all of this on where to put all this differant lube. Also, where do you buy 50000 wt lube and dry ice lube? Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:12 PM
RCOldGuy

poopsie, any LHS should have this stuff,, diff lube comes in different weights from like 1000 to 300,000, the higher the number the thicker the oil, used in diffs only, I think. The gears in the tranny and such I lube with a light brushing with moly grease, I use an old small paint brush with the brissels cut to about 1/4" long and just dab some grease on the gears. Don`t use much as it will just fly off the gears. I used 50K in my diffs cause thats what I had on hand.Joe
Old 01-14-2007, 12:21 PM
poopsie

Cool thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:25 PM
The Real Dogman

A better lighter product is called Sullivan Dry Ice lube, It works very well without adding too much clean-up, and extra weight.

Have fun fellas
Old 01-14-2007, 03:51 PM
poopsie

So basically dry ice lube everthing then?
Old 01-14-2007, 04:00 PM
The Real Dogman

Yes read this article it will answer alot your questions about the product

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=784
Old 01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
poopsie

That stuff looks like a god sent to the RC family-
Old 01-23-2007, 01:47 PM
dj carey

hi plz could som one tell me how to take a sprocket off a cluch bell on a mini moto asap thx