Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

SO..My GST is alive again!

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

SO..My GST is alive again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default SO..My GST is alive again!

Yah everything dried from the big swim it took last week, i cleaned out the engine and plasti dipped all the servo's, put everything back together, took it outside and primed it, took about 15 pulls and brumm started right up. .......... BUT it seems like it's not running as fast as it used to? Maybe third gear isn't engaging? So i ran it up and down the road and tuned it as best as i could and it was pissing me off because i know it's faster then this. So i did a couple more high speed runs and then whipped it around and stopped hit the throttle and........ it just sat there reving up and just BARELY moving forward? So after a couple curse words i picked it up and took it back inside, took the rear end off and noticed the yoke on the rear diff had come completely loose, so i reinstalled it and gorilla torqued it back down, i also noticed the brakes were binding up, so i used a little after run oil and a Q tip and wiped the disks and brake components wdown, WOW that fixed it right away, it rolls forward and backwards easy now, no more brake binding so that made me happy.......BUT it seems the carb is loose and it won;t tighten down? Maybe i'm doing something wrong? I reinstalled it again last night and tightened the crap out of it so tight i think i ended up stripping the screw lol SO i haven't run it yet, and i'm HOPING it dosen't come loose again? MAYBE thats why it wasen't as fast because everytime i hit the throttle the whole carb would move, stupid thing! Anyway, when i get off work i'm going to run it agin and HOPEFULLY it works or else i'm going to seriously be pissed, i want to put a video together and test the GSt on the dirt mounds i tested my FG MT on to see how they compair. anyway i'll keep you all updated, hopefully i didn't blow a diff or something? My luck i did! lol
Old 04-18-2007, 11:50 PM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SO..My GST is alive again!

I just ran mine today too. I just got done putting in diff oil, some worn out parts (front driveshaft pin, rear driveshaft cup in the center diff). I quickly found out that I forgot 1 little tiny e-ring for the front driveshaft pin, and well, you know it stopped moving. It's funny how 1 little part will stop the whole truck from moving [:@] Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be able to go out for some more testing to make sure everything else is ok. Jucd Vpr I hope you get your carb straightened out!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 AM
unlawfullactions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, an update to my rig as well....new clutchbell and shoes are on order, and 2 new nemesis diffs are also on the way. i figure ill give these a shot and if the drive cups on these break ill spring the 30 bucks for the heavy duty ones. also ordered a bunch of new parts too as spares, so i can try to minimize the down time.

so next step is to stock up on a few cans of nitro bc im sure i will need it once this badboy is up and running.

also, glad to hear that ur car is working properly....do the servos seem to work alright being plastic-dipped? i was worred about a heat build up or even water getting in through the top where the horn attaches....and did you waterproof the reciever box too? im guessing that can just be plasti-dipped as well...

well good luck with the carb, just be glad thats teh only problem
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No problem with the plasti dip at all, it should protect the servo's pretty well. I didn't plasti dip the receiver, instead i am going to silicone it, much easier to pull off when i need to unplug something.

Everything seems to be working alright, just the carb problem and the shifting problem, although these problems could both be from the carb moving and being loose. We'll see later today.

Glad to see some of you are getting things back together also!