Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

roto starter

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
chris246810

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roto starter

hello i was searching through the fourms and i seen that you can use a drill gun to start the 7.7 gst is this true but what else do you need to start the engin? i just brok my pull start and now am thinking about getting the roto starter for it i am not on my second tank of gas yet and i am buying replacements.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:43 PM
BLRDVIZN

Default RE: roto starter

Check this post out! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5685555/tm.htm
You'll see as picture of the roto start backing plate with part number's. You will also need the starter shaft to connect to the drill.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:06 PM
chris246810

so i would need all those three pcs whats the number for the starter shaft?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:49 PM
BLRDVIZN

Here's the shaft you will need.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXERF8&P=7
And here's the plate you need. This is the complete back assembly.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/D...=g70359&CatId=

Maybe somebody will chime in with a shop that stocks the shaft!
Just remember when you install the backing plate that you will have to grind the bottom of the header flange for the plate to fit right.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:35 AM
CEN Racing

Roto-tech Starter G70358 or just use the backplate ( G70359 ) and use a powertool instead of drill start.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
chris246810

so i can use a eltric drill or the roto starter after two tanks of gas? i am tried of the blisters and i just spent money on my new pull starer,oneway bearing and onway bearing crank shaft. was outisde for like an hour trying to start it and didnt' turn over i think hhaving the roto starer would be more helpfull and less damiging. what can happen to the motor if its not broken in? when using a drill or the roto starer?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 AM
burningpoo

I've read that if u don't get a gallon of fuel through it the compresion from the engin will rip the insides apart. To much money for me to mess around like that.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM
chris246810

hello.. its a good day... i got my new roto starter yesterday from cen when i got home from work. i installed the roto starter and put everthing back together. i then proceeded to get everthing ready to start my gst up. i was antisapating problems but i guess luck or something was on my side cause i filled up the tank primed it and then hit it up with the roto starter and it started i was so happpy it felt good but after that i was better cause at least it started for a second or so. then i adjusted my thorttle trim to 0 i think it was to far in the closed postion and then it ideled good wihtout stalling. i then let it run thorugh the second tank of gass while i ate dinner i let it cool down and i started on the thrid tank of gas. the engine started right up for the thrid time it was nice. to bad it rained today when it got home from work but tomorrow i will start to break in the engine while i drive it slowly around. also i was told by my LHS that i should use a receiver pack rather then batteries. he said the pack wold be stronger then regular batteries. i can see when i turn the gst the stearing dont really turn that much is it because its idel? also when it was running i noticed the trasmission gears moving is that normal and when it gets low on gas it would jump from netrual to full throtle is that normal also? thanks for your help guys.