Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

GST 7.7, NEMESIS, GENESIS?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST 7.7, NEMESIS, GENESIS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 07:04 PM
flaminheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GST 7.7, NEMESIS, GENESIS?

I am really looking at getting a CEN truck. What is the differance between the GST 7.7, NEMESIS AND GENESIS? I want the biggest baddest of the three but they look very similiar to me.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:45 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GST 7.7, NEMESIS, GENESIS?

Flamin,

Nemesis-->Aluminum Diff Housing, 8 shocks With Stiffer White Springs, 2 speed transmission(Genesis And GST 3 Speed Can De Fitted), No Reverse(Again The Genensis And GST Reverse Can Be Fitted), Metal To Metal(MTM) Brakes, Steel Front Prop Shaft(Drive Shaft), Black Bumpers Without CEN Logo(Can Be Fitted With Genesis And GST Chrome Bumpers W/Cen Logo), Polished Muffler, 23mm Wheel Adapters, Crowd Pleaser Body, Blue Chassis Plates, Heavier Duty Output Bearings on Diffs And Tranny, 21t and 25t Pinion gearr and Finally Sniper Tires On Velocity Style Rims. More Geared Towards The Race Crowd

Genesis LE--> Discontinued And Replaced By GST 7.7, Plastic Diff housings, 10 Shocks With Red Softer Springs 2 Overhead Shock Configuration. 3 Speed Transmission(Can Be Upgraded To Nemesis Tranny), Reverse On Third Radio Channel, Fiber Brake Pads(Needs Nemesis Or GST Tranny Housing To Upgrade To MTM Brakes) Plastic Front Prop Shaft(Can Be Upgraded To The Steel Nemesis Prop Shaft By Chaning The Front Brake DFrive Output To Second Rear Drive Brake Cup and And A Rear Diff Drive Cup On The Front Diff) Chrome Bumpers With The Red CEN Logo On The Front Bumper, 19mm Wheel Adapter, Different Body, Red Chassis Plates, 17t and 21t Pinion Gears, And Finally The 19mm Chrome wheels With Cheveron Tires.

GST 7.7-->Replaces The Genesis LE, Plastic Diff housings, 8 Shocks With Stiffer White Springs. 3 Speed Transmission(Can Be Upgraded To Nemesis Tranny), Reverse On Third Radio Channel, MTM Brakes, Plastic Front Prop Shaft(Can Be Upgraded To The Steel Nemesis Prop Shaft By Chaning The Front Brake Drive Output To Second Rear Drive Brake Cup and And A Rear Diff Drive Cup On The Front Diff) Chrome Bumpers With The Red CEN Logo On The Front Bumper, 23mm Wheel Adapter, Same Body As Genesis LE But Different Paint, Green Chassis Plates, 17t and 21t Pinion Gears, And Finally The 23mm Chrome 505 Wheels With Offset Cheveron Tires.

I think that covers it, I'm sure if I missed something Someone will correct me..But I'm pretty sure I got it all.

Hope this helps I would Get The Nemesis For Sure, Less Upgrading..

Have Fun with what ever you decide..

Whew!!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:11 AM
MONAROMAN

Like TRD says get a nemmy, less upgrades. My GST is now basically a nemesis - should have just bought the nemmy to begin with. I caned the life out of it a week and a half ago, I mean no respect type stuff - constant 15 - 20ft jumps onto flat hard ground, no driving just jumping and the worst I did was pop a steering arm off and for the first time ever it was actually driveable after - most times something happens to me drivetrain related but now she's all nemmy running gear its all good (touch wood )
Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Scott_GTR

I am just about to fit the final parts of Nemesis drive line, (2nd alloy diff, heavy duty rear drive shafts and metal front prop), to my Genny.

I too have suffered failures with the standard Genesis rear drive shafts, hence the upgrades.
Mind you, I never had problems with my plastic front prop or plastic diffs, but just thought I'd replace it as sooner or later they would fail.

Since I have locked my centre diff I have noticed increased wear to the drive line, hence complete upgrade tonight!!!

I have now taken to referring to my truck as a 'Genemesis'
Old 06-19-2007, 05:07 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Scott_GTR

I am just about to fit the final parts of Nemesis drive line, (2nd alloy diff, heavy duty rear drive shafts and metal front prop), to my Genny.

I too have suffered failures with the standard Genesis rear drive shafts, hence the upgrades.
Mind you, I never had problems with my plastic front prop or plastic diffs, but just thought I'd replace it as sooner or later they would fail.

Since I have locked my centre diff I have noticed increased wear to the drive line, hence complete upgrade tonight!!!

I have now taken to referring to my truck as a 'Genemesis'
Same here. Except I have wrecked two plastic front shafts. Upgraded to Nemesis front shaft, diffs, and brakes.

I like the name, Genemesis though