Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Upgrading

Old 03-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Chopped02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading

My son has been racing a Matrix RTR for the past year and a half and is really getting pretty good at it. He has also not lost interest in racing (he's 9 and has a short attention span). I told him that if he continues to want to race, I would eventually get him a Pro kit. That being said, I decided to get him the Matrix Pro kit since we have had good luck with the RTR version. Now, I have a couple of questions on the kit. From what I have seen, it comes with the carbon fiber shock towers. Is there any way to get the kit with the CNC towers or is that something you have to buy separately? Does the pro kit come with the CNC steering knuckles and upper bell crank? The pictures I have seen look like it has the cast knuckles and plastic bell crank. And last but not least, do the newer kits come with the cross pin diffs? Any info you guys can give would help. I would like to order everything at one time.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:54 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Upgrading

ORIGINAL: Chopped02

My son has been racing a Matrix RTR for the past year and a half and is really getting pretty good at it. He has also not lost interest in racing (he's 9 and has a short attention span). I told him that if he continues to want to race, I would eventually get him a Pro kit. That being said, I decided to get him the Matrix Pro kit since we have had good luck with the RTR version. Now, I have a couple of questions on the kit. From what I have seen, it comes with the carbon fiber shock towers. Is there any way to get the kit with the CNC towers or is that something you have to buy separately? Does the pro kit come with the CNC steering knuckles and upper bell crank? The pictures I have seen look like it has the cast knuckles and plastic bell crank. And last but not least, do the newer kits come with the cross pin diffs? Any info you guys can give would help. I would like to order everything at one time.

I am sure the newer ones have the x pins. Jump over to the truggy forum and you'll get all your answers on the Pro ed. You do realize that you will need to add motor, radio, servos, and I believe whls and tires + any misc. Gets spendy
Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Chopped02

Default RE: Upgrading

Yeah, I have all the electronics and am buying a new Jammin JPX .21 for it. My son is currently running an OS .21 VG in his RTR Matrix. He's ready for some more power. I'll do some checking on the buggy forum about the cross pins. Buying a new buggy, not truggy. Thanks for the reply.