Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

stripped knuckles

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:11 PM
ewing61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stripped knuckles

The Left front knuckle on my cen matrix tr arena has comepletly stripped out. This truck is less than 3 months old, and has seen minimal abuse. I find it quite disheartening that so many of the stock components of this truggy are of such low quality. Most drivers has upgraded to the cnc knuckles for this reason, but I think CEN should have made the stock knuckles able to hold up with the rest of the car. When I first got this truck I was so excited and felt that I had gotten a great deal. Now almost 3 months later I wish I gone with a different truck because of the high amount of factory parts failing.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:28 PM
chrobar

Default RE: stripped knuckles

Stock CEN parts are not low quality. Of course they do not have the same quality as the hop up parts, but they do they're job. I think that you're stripped knuckle is kind of a bummer, but if you upgrade to the CNC ones now, you will definitely thank yourself. You get the added durablility of the CNC alum. and more steering because they're shaved at the factory. You have to kind of bear with some minor problems because CEN is a relatively new company and truggy. There's bound to be some issues that can be worked out. Most problems have already been solved, and CEN is working on the one's still remaining. This is partly the reason why CEN is coming out with a new gen. of Matrixes that have most, if not all of the kinks worked out. Even with a different truck, there are still going to be parts failing here and there from wear, or crashes, or poor craftsmanship. All cars have some kind of problems with them, and not many companies try as hard as CEN to solve them. Don't back down from the company you're with just because of a few problems.
Good luck with your truggy.
Tom
Old 03-27-2008, 05:03 PM
ewing61

Default RE: stripped knuckles

Oh my matrix isnt going anywhere. I have had a great experience with CEN as far as support goes. I love this truck (with all of this money dropped into it I better love it). I am just getting frustrated with how many parts need replacing for it to be competitive, and am weary of upgrading to the expensive hopups. Its gonna be a great truck in a few hundred more dollars, but it will probably be nice and obsolete by the time I get done with it