Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Old school CEN, modified. Value?

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Old school CEN, modified. Value?

Old 04-22-2008, 01:29 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old school CEN, modified. Value?

Right. Im finally clearing out the back bedroom, and Ebaying whatever I can find.

Below is my naughty FunFactor from "back in the day". Plenty of info can be found on here regards to its history, if you search a bit for my username, FunFactor, that kind of thing.

But whats it worth as a whole? I doubt it will be that much. But it seems a shame to break it for parts just to get the cash for it. Its a bit of a beast as it is. Any thoughts?

Theres a ton of spares, gear options, a centre-diffed FF chassis and OS.18 too, but that lot is maybe best broken to get more cash basically. Loads of wheels and tyres too. When ebay time comes, Ill post a link if Im allowed and if its of any interest.

Im in the UK, just so you know.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Old school CEN, modified. Value?

Cool truck. I would imagine you would get $200-$300 for that which is a good $100-$150 more then a regular old used fun factor is worth. That thing must be a SCREAMER.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:25 PM
poor judgement

Im afraid that if thats the case, Ill have to strip it and sell it as parts:

JT Chassis
OS.30
OS Pipe
1/8th shocks
ARO 4mm shock towers
Heavy duty servos
Temp meter
Failsafe
HD Diffs
HD Steel spurs
Mugen alloy clutch
Alloy brake seat
Alloy steering link
Fully ball raced
Selection of wheels and tyres
Everything really...

Makes sense to part it out then I guess, looking back at that list.

Aye, it shifts alright. 2nd gear is a little bit frightening as I recall...
Old 04-22-2008, 04:41 PM
cenracer1

Hey Poor Judgement.. I remember that truck!.. I followed your build and did alot of the same for mine as well, just not the BB engine.. I sold mine about a year or so ago as a roller and got a good buck for it.. Just can't get these anymore...LOL.. I sold the engine and radio and servo's separate and did pretty well.. Kind of miss it now, but I'm off doing 1/5 gas, brushless bikes and heli's.. how about you... ?
Old 04-22-2008, 04:52 PM
poor judgement

Hey there man, hows you? The old familiar faces are still here I see!

All good here ta. House is getting a full redecorate (wish I never opened that great can of worms) and the CRX has gone turbo and frightening. Plenty to eat away at the funds Im afraid. In the process of a clearout, the CEN is the last to go really. Might keep a 18 chassis and the Escudo shell on a shelf though. Ill see what my old stereo gear and other stuff fetches first.

Helis? Sounds expensive man... I got one of those lil indoor fellas - thats pretty dangerous in my hands, nevermind a proper jobby!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:11 PM
cenracer1

The Heli's aren't too bad... just try not to crash.. the real expense is the thousands I have in my HPI Baja 5B.. I don't want to go there, the wife may see this.. You still have that honda? Must be a rocket by now.. I still lurk around here from time to time, still have the Matrix Buggy, but all the other Cens are gone... Nothing wrong with the cens, just moved on to different things..
Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 AM
poor judgement

Looking like an ebay job over the weekend if anyone wants any bits from it all then. Photos will take me forever to sort out...

Aye, the CRX is a pretty naughty little sleeper. Rolling road and some light remapping is now due, but its hitting 60mph in around 5 seconds and 100 doesnt take much longer. Its going to get me into trouble, Im sure. $1k of suspension is about to be ordered from your side of the pond too - got to take advantage of the pound vs the dollar eh? Still got the S800 too, the less said about that thing, the better.

Ill bung an ebay link up once Im finally sorted on all the RC/Cen bits.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:06 PM
cenracer1

sound great and I wont ask about the 800... I remember you were talkiong about that one... I will have to look up the ebay stuff and see what you have.. Don't get excited, I'm not getting another truck.. I have to buy a few Heli parts today, so I know what expensive can be.. LOL
Old 04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Scouser

Hey mate, don't sell it! I sold my JT chassis a while back and got £20! There doesn't seem to be much call for the 'old' CENS and if it aint 1:8 scale and a truggy, people aren't interested. I still have my old Fun Factor as a shelf queen but there is no way I will sell it. It was my first r/c car and all the time and effort I put into it (not to mention the money!!), I could never let it go. If you do put it on ebay, make sure you put a decent start price on it or else you will end up virtually giving it away.
What happened to the little S800? I remember that thing was a labour of love wasn't it?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:33 AM
cenracer1

Scouser.. I guess you are still around as well.. I had a hard time parting with mine as well, but I sold it as a roller and got alot more for it than I thought I would.. I sold the used os18's and got almost full list.. go figure.. the guy I sold it to was using it as a parts truck so it worked out well for him... Fun little truck, just time to move on...LOL
Old 04-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Scouser

Hey mate, good to see some of the old names still around. I almost got myself a 1:5 or 1:6 scale buggy but after a bit of looking around, I found there was nowhere to race them around me. The only club was electric 1:10 scale buggys, so that's what I've been racing for the last few years. The CEN hasn't run for about two years now but no matter how tight the cash is, I could never bring myself to sell it.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:27 PM
cenracer1

I can always get another one, but I don't know if I want to put myself thru that again.. LOL... I have been into 1/5 gas for a while now as well as Heli's lately... tons of fun.... I still have alot of nitro as well and recently a few brushless electrics.. Man those these are quick.. Good to see some of the old guys are still around.. Maybe we should have a reunion....?
Old 04-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Scouser

I am going to find that 'big block in a Fun factor' thread just for old times sake!