Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Suggestions Needed with Matrix Arena

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Suggestions Needed with Matrix Arena

Old 07-15-2008, 06:47 PM
cussbud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions Needed with Matrix Arena

Hi guys,

My name is Khalid and I am new to this forum. I am from the West Indies and I have a matrix arena RTR. Recently my truck has been giving problems with the handling and cornering. I want to change the diff fluids. What do you recommend? We run on a dirt track, not much grass, alot of bumps and two jumps.

I also want to change my shock oil, what do you recommend?

Any other suggestions to help me out?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2008, 07:01 PM
chrobar

Default RE: Suggestions Needed with Matrix Arena

If your problem is that steering seems sluggish or something, make sure that the servo saver is not too loose. If it is tight, then maybe a stronger servo would be needed. Truggies need powerful servos in order to perform at their best. My suggestion if you want a good set up would be to copy a set up from a CEN driver, and go from there. If you purchased your truggy recently, the diffs should be cross pins. I think that CEN, like all other companies, puts grease in the diffs. My suggestion for diffs is 7k front, 15k or higher center, and 3k rear. This is the general set up for truggies, and with finer tuning, you should be able to achieve better handling. Also, taking out the sway bar in the front increases steering, and making the car shorter by switching the sides of the spacer in the back increases turning as well. I run 40wt shock oil in the front, and 30wt in the rear..this is a bit soft, but I don't complain. Most may run a thicker oil in the front.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:18 PM
cussbud

My truggy is about 9 months old and i have already changed the diffs to cross pins. I do not think the problem lies with the servo. I have the same setup of diff fluids except my center is 10K. How can we get the cen drivers setup?

And thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated.

khalid
Old 07-15-2008, 08:41 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Go to the Cen Home site and look for set ups. It's there and it will give you their latest scoop.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Tree1

I have my Tr Arena set-up with 7,000 front / 20,000 center / 3,000 rear. For my shocks I have 60wt in the front and 45wt in the rear with #2 pistons on all four shocks. I had 35 wt in the rear but my truggy was bottoming out and I was getting chassis slap so I increased the wt to 45 in the rear. Hope this helps. Good luck