Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Rally car fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
kinzuagolfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally car fix

My dad and I each got one of these
Within 5 minutes he broke one of these
Could we use one of these as a cheap fix on both front wheels?

This would make the 4wheel drive car into a 2wheel drive. As far as I can understand.
Would there be any negative affects or added stress to the clutch, transmission, or engine if we did this.
We are both new to rc cars. I've had mine less than a week and he has had his for a day now.

Both our cars have been broke on the same curb. I cracked my fuel tank. Used some plastic fusion epoxy type stuff and it seems to be holding up well.

Any insight would be very much appreciated.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:52 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Rally car fix

ORIGINAL: kinzuagolfer

My dad and I each got one of these
Within 5 minutes he broke one of these
Could we use one of these as a cheap fix on both front wheels?

This would make the 4wheel drive car into a 2wheel drive. As far as I can understand.
Would there be any negative affects or added stress to the clutch, transmission, or engine if we did this.
We are both new to rc cars. I've had mine less than a week and he has had his for a day now.

Both our cars have been broke on the same curb. I cracked my fuel tank. Used some plastic fusion epoxy type stuff and it seems to be holding up well.

Any insight would be very much appreciated.
Not owning one, I can't say. What I will say is that I would replace the broken part with the correct part so that you have what the car was built for ( 4WD). Next thing is to avoid curbs They break alot of RCs
Old 07-30-2008, 08:19 PM
premiernitrorc
My Feedback: (15)

You should switch to the factory CEN part, you might be voiding your warranty if you run it in 2WD drive mode. Any R/C car will break parts if it hits something solid like a curb at high speed so I would just take it out somewhere open like a parking lot to get to know your car. You probably want to order a new gas tank from Cen as well because the epoxy might not fully seal the tank...an air leak from the tank could make the engine overheat and hard to tune.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:19 PM
kinzuagolfer

I've been watching the temperatures closely. 260 F is the highest I've seen and that was with the body on in an outfield (grass) with a lot of WOT (wide open throttle).

As for my dads car. He picked up a similar HPI part as the CEN 2 wheel drive one, so he has been running his car with that. Only down side with that part is that there is a little bit more play in the front wheels.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:10 AM
93firebird

You should switch to the factory CEN part, you might be voiding your warranty if you run it in 2WD drive mode.
What warranty, cen doesn't cover anything under warranty, thats why my Magnum has been on the shelf for two months with stripped differential gears.