Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST fwd/rev shifting

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
burningpoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GST fwd/rev shifting

I just got my tranny back togeather and as was playing around with the forward/reverse lever I noticed that it doesn't always go into drive all the way. Sometimes I had to shift back and forth 3 or 4 times for it to fully engage. I tryed adding a little grease to the shaft but that didn't help one bit. The lever goes just past half and I can make the center diff spin, but it feels like it's slipping. I did do the 3rd gear clutch mod, but I'm not sure the slack it took up should have an effect. Before I start pulling it apart and cutting down a small piece of my mod I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas.

thanks for your time

[edit]

before this mod it did the same thing, just not as much as it does now. It would drop into gear with a slight spin of the gears, or a very small tap of the gas when the truck was running. Now I have to get it to line up before I switch gear direction, over half the time.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:22 AM
burningpoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GST fwd/rev shifting

I quess I'm on my own with this one. When the kid goes to bed tonight I'm going to look it over for the 4th time and grind away some of the mod to see if that helps.