Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

GST 7.7 hard to turn engine!!

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST 7.7 hard to turn engine!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:35 PM
JoeVen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GST 7.7 hard to turn engine!!

I´m a beginner, I own a new brand CEN GST 7.7 powered with the .46 black head 76NX engine.
Next step is break-in but the recoil starter feels quite hard to pull, so much I´m a little afraid of striping it out or cutting the rope at the first attemp.
I removed the glow plug to release some pression (such instrutions says), but the tappered ABC linner construction keeps tight to turn, I think.
Any other trick? I´m being to gentle with the pullstar? Some oil drops would help?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
dar123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GST 7.7 hard to turn engine!!

that just sounds like the compression of the engine, soo far it sounds as if you have done everything right. just add a little after run oil (if you don`t have some i`d advise you do) and pull a little bit harder on the cord but make sure you don`t pull it more than 5-6 inches out! good luck
Darren
Old 11-07-2008, 06:58 PM
derrick05

Going to have to pull hard because these engines new have madd compression and a really tight pinch at the top.Alot of people complain of the blisters from having to tug on one of these new engines.Youre going to have to pull it,but pull it short.DO NOT pull the rope all the way out or even CLOSE to all the way out or you will always be needing a new pullstart.6 to 8in. pulls is all you need and the pullstart will last a very long time.You will have to change or replace the rope from time to time but thats better than replacing the entire starter.I use braided nylon brickmasons line.It is very durable and last much more longer than the stock cord.About the oil,thats the first thing I do to any new engine.Theres no telling how long one has been on the shelf,so new engines are usually dry and you can feel it in the pull if you go tugging on it dry.I usually take out the plug and drop some after run oil and pull it easily until I feel it drying up.I repeat that process a few times before I even consider putting any fuel through it.Helps a little with break in pains.Im sure everybody has their own way,thats just the way I doi it.JUST DONT OVERPULL THE ROPE and youll be fine.Also make sure you pull the rope at the proper angle.If you pull straight up,you will break the rope quickly.Your paperwork shows the proper angle.Pay close attention to it.Good luck
Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And get some good leather work gloves!!! you'll need em!!
Old 11-08-2008, 06:02 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

And get some good leather work gloves!!! you'll need em!!
X2