Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

if it werent for bad luck I wouldnt have any at all

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

if it werent for bad luck I wouldnt have any at all

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:40 PM
93firebird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if it werent for bad luck I wouldnt have any at all

Well I tried to run my genesis today, and wouldn't you know i broke the tiger drive again. This is the third drive that I have broken. The compression on the motor is far too high. So I pull out the magnum which I had running the previous day, got it started, then drove it around a little in the street. Next thing I know the motor is revving up and the truck is not moving, I pick the truck up and it looks like the screw holding the clutch bell has come out. So I take it inside to work on it, was that all that was wrong, NO what really happened was the end of the crankshaft sheared off. I am really getting pissed with these CEN products. They really have proven to be a bunch of junk!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:11 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: if it werent for bad luck I wouldnt have any at all

Well, I've seen that happen before, it was because the pinion was too tight to the spur and caused the shaft to sheer off
Old 01-05-2009, 06:34 PM
93firebird

well I set the gear mesh according to CEN's directions using a piece of paper between the gears. I don't know what else I could have done to prevent it, other than bought a different product. Just like my LHS says, they break every time out, and that is so true. I didn't go unscathed yesterday either I broke a rear shock mount which ended my run then. I've tried to find the correct crankshaft replacement but since my motor is not the nx3.0 like it should be instead I got an NT18 I'm not sure which one is correct for the motor.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 PM
DanBP

You just like complaining dude, everything has setbacks even if you follow the instructions. TDR is trying to help you and all you are doing is just messing it up again, maybe if you listen to exactly what he is telling you you'll get your stuff running and have fun with it.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:01 PM
93firebird

dan did you not read my post? I set the gear mesh according to manufacturers specs any further and they would not have meshed properly. I am just sick and tired of having to wrench and not be able to drive both of my CEN vehicles! I have spent far more time fixing than I have driving. For every ten minutes of driving I get a week of down time!! and that's not normal according to my LHS, They do not sell CEN products because they feel they are not reliable. It's a shame I did not know about them before I bought my junk cars.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
The Real Dogman

Appreciate the the support Dan but Firebird will have his opinion, and its not really worth arguing with him. If he wants my help he know how to get it, we have been down this road a couple other times...

firebird, if you are so disappointed with your CEN stuff then sell it!!. Oh wait, you feel it is too much junk to get any kind of $$ out of it. I wil PM you my adress so I can dispose of it properly for you, ok??

Oh and one thing, just because you set the mesh according to the manufacturers instructions does not mean the screws were not tight enough not to move and tighten up on a crash, but crankshafts dont just break and there is only one or 2 ways they break, too much side load stress and catastrophic failure(blown engine). The side load stress is from an overly tight mesh.. period!

anyway, get that garbage sent to me so I can dispose of it ok??
Old 01-05-2009, 11:32 PM
93firebird

Oh sorry I forgot TRD you are the all knowing all powerful god of CEN products and I am nobody compared to you. Sorry but when it comes to advice I prefer to take it from the guys I know. I am also quite sick of your condescending attitude that you bring. I am not a noob to rc I checked the truck several times before running it and everything was ok yes even the alignment of the pinion and spur gears. The fact of the matter is that these trucks are not durable, I was not jumping flipping or anything of the sort when this happened, I was simply driving the truck up and down the street when suddenly the power was no longer being transferred to the wheels.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:34 PM
The Real Dogman

Well then, take their advice and get rid of your CEN stuff!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:56 AM
DanBP

I've seen his comments TRD, I'm on the CEN forums too. If you want I'll take that genesis of your hands, I wanted one but new are kind of pricey, I settled for the GSR. Stuff breaks, and sometimes the things that break are bigger or smaller, expensive or cheap, easy or hard to fix, but Firebird, if you dislike the cars so much, just sell them and buy yourself something that people tells you it lasts, like a savage, everyone has one (despite the problems with the differential gears, and stripping spur gears) and they carry parts for it everywhere; maybe then you'll leave us CEN drivers alone.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM
93firebird

take it off my hands, no but I'm not opposed to a reasonable offer. You pay shipping to where ever you are.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM
The Real Dogman

Post some good close up pics so we can see what we are putting an offer on..
Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 PM
93firebird

here is the only pic I have of the genesis
http://www.cenforums.com/download/fi...=221&mode=view
brand new nemesis plates(plus original red plates and extra battery box), new tranny (with extra tranny with broken reverse), new corsa engine original will also be included (just broken in not even tuned, as it wont start again), I will only be keeping the new jr servo, and spektrum radio gear. all the original stuff will go back in.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:21 PM
The Real Dogman

Will need more pics of the top and sides ect, get those posted so I can honestly value it, otherwise you wont like the bid..
Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 AM
derrick05

Whooo Wheee,sounds like somebodys madder than a copperhead snake[:'(].
Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Yo Firebird I have some other nitros that I would be willing to trade you.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
93firebird

I don't think I want anymore nitro, I think I'm going brushless.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:30 PM
93firebird

here are the pics
The body on the truck is not completed, still has the overspray plastic on it. will include original body as well as both sets of chassis plates, red and blue. Also waiting on a rototech 2 starter system which should arrive in the next few days.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36058.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1105755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86712.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1105756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82283.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1105757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp38279.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1105758  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Well good luck with that but it's not the same as nitro.Nitro is great and you shouldn't give up on it,once you learn it you will see that Electric Sucks.I shouldn't say electric sucks cause it don't but nitro is where it's at for me.Good luck.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:58 PM
jamie
My Feedback: (2)

well well well well... nothjing against you dogman you have really helped.. but here we r again cen cen cen junk junk junk
Old 01-08-2009, 05:06 PM
The Real Dogman

No Problem Jamie, buts only junk if you dont know how to keep it running!! There are thousands of these things out there that are still running strong with no complaints, and just a few, maybe even a few dozen that cant keep them running without complaining, I dont think that is such a bad average. So to those that cant, sell it and get electric, see if you can keep that going!! But for those that understand rc and its challenges and want help, step right up, we are here for you!!

Good luck guys!!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: jamie

well well well well... nothjing against you dogman you have really helped.. but here we r again cen cen cen junk junk junk
Is it just me or does that really sound retarted?I see why you cant keep one running.The GENESIS/NEMESIS trucks are the most awesome durable trucks on the planet,but theyre not for the inexperienced or mentally handicapped.Perfect example being 93 complaing about his tiger drive.Thats total inexperience.Experienced nitro men know better than to install it on these high compression motors until they are VERY broke in,all your fault but blame cen.The magnums are no good so get rid of it like I did and save yourself the headache.These trucks are among the easiest to work on and keep running if you have some experience and a little know how.What does that tell you[>:]?You guys dont realize that the more you talk,the more your inexperience shows.You can say you have all these years of experience,but what you complain about says different.Its not cens fault because you cant figure it out.You cant even figure it out with TRD help and it doesnt get any better than that.You guys dont even hear ME complaining anymore and thats BIG.Its because my cen is so durable,I have nothing to complain about.You guys just cant figure it out so the blame game starts.You need to point that finger back at yourselves[X(]Dont you guys just love me?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 AM
bigdawg70

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All i can say is wow!!!!!! this is my first time checking out this cen forum and i dint know eople had so many problem wit there truck. I prob have one of the first run trucks ever made 4-5 yrs ago or However long. I have never experienced the provbem you guys speak of. Out of all the breakage i had the only problem i had was when i first bought the truck tha carb was tottaly out off whack and it burnt the cluth shoes up during break in. Cen tech support was cool they sent me new parts and even a extra glow plug and i was back running. Out Of akk the breakage i have had it was all due todriver error i cant expect a front end to hold upi to a brick wall [X( ]Im sorry to her so many people are having problems. I will say tuning these trucks are not easy but in the grass wit out a diff locker in mine will pull the wheels up. The carbs are tricky but thats what you have to remember its a big motor. All i can say is i love my genesis and would buy another one in a heartbeat if i could find another one. 93 firebird if youare interested i got a tmaxx i would trade you for the genesis? Just a thought.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:26 PM
jamie

WHAT KIND OF TMAXX 3.3 I AM TOTALY INTRERESTED CEN 7.7
Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM
jamie

just think guys how many of these trucks broke first time out and ran sombody out of rc ing for good
Old 01-09-2009, 01:52 PM
The Real Dogman

ORIGINAL: jamie

just think guys how many of these trucks broke first time out and ran sombody out of rc ing for good

Well the reality is, I dont have any first hand knowledge of how many brok e the first timeout ran someone off. I do know of a few that broke first timeout and after talking with the owner WE figured it out the owner did not do his initial run through to be sure ALL screws and nuts and servos were set right, and that is what caused their problems(Newb Error) and guess what, they still own them are still running them or sold them sometime later, but the point is I cant speak to them running anyone off the first time they broke!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.