Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Another Take on the Nemesis diff in a GST 7.7

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Another Take on the Nemesis diff in a GST 7.7

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 AM
coogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Take on the Nemesis diff in a GST 7.7

G'day all. Got a bit of a curly question. I've been breaking a couple of diff output drive cups on my GST 7.7 where the pin goes through to engage the side gears in the diff (I think due to heavy braking, rather than under power). So I'm wondering if you can simply fit Nemesis diffs, as an entire assembly, into a GST 7.7. I think the rear diff is a no-brainer, but the front may have a problem if the shafts on the diff pinion gears are different. By looking at the exploded diagrams on the CEN website I think it can be done, as the input drive cup on the rear diff (GS093) is the same for both cars. This tells me that the uni-type thing on the front of the Genesis slip-joint drive shaft should slide straight onto the end of a Nemesis diff pinion gear, but before I go out and spend the cash I am wondering if someone here has done it.
I also have a couple more quick questions:

1) Do the GST 7.7 and the Nemesis have the same diff ratio?

2) Are the Nemesis diffs a lot stronger than the GST 7.7 units or am I gonna waste my time and money for little gain.

Cheers!