Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

gst 7.7 power problems

Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 AM
1 HITTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gst 7.7 power problems

Okay my friend just bought a used gst and i bought a brand new one and we are both experiencing the same problems.

first i broke in my motor with no issues then started tuning and thats where the problems started for both of us we put his back to factory settings and we got them both running great until they get warm then they loose all power but there not running hot at all.

so any ideas on what this could be cause its frustrating as hell?
also after they get warm the idle is really high but if we adjust it then the truck dies every time.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:55 PM
dar123

Default RE: gst 7.7 power problems

I remeber reading up about this a couple years back.. it had something to do with the pressure in the fuel tank. Of the top of my head, the fix was something like 3 dollar Ofna fuel filter or something like that. I'll make a search see if i can find the part

All the best,
Dar

Here's a link with the details! Hope it works out for ya!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_67...tm.htm#6796314
Old 04-28-2010, 03:58 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Put one of these in the line from the exhaust pipe to the fuel tank. It will keep the fuel pressure stable and help your tuning immensely
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEYG3&P=7
Old 05-01-2010, 07:41 PM
nitrotec

holy crap, i was having that same problem today. I just posted a thread look at it. tell me if this is what you were experiencing. it idles high like a high pitch sound you go to adjust then shut off immediatly. we need to persue that problem and figure out what is causing this. that is ridiculous.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:19 PM
1 HITTER

Yea that sounds like some of the problems i am experiencing.
I just ordered the OFNA valve so i am hoping that take care of the problems. i also got the O.S. #8 glow plug.

and i tried contacting CEN about these problems but i guess they are moving to a new location thats what i was told when i called anyway.
But if the plug and valve dont fix this thing i am going to be very upset as i just spent 400.00 on a truck that wont run right no matter what i do to the tune.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:40 PM
dustin7837

If you search for keywords like half tank issue you will find many threads about this problem. it seems as though there isn't consistently enough gas volume/pressure going to the fuel tank to push the fuel into the carb/cyllinder. The pressure comes from the exhaust in pulses and the check valve basically traps the peak pulse pressure in the tank allowing for consistent pressure to the fuel line. I assume that when the tank is full there is obviously the hydrostatic pressure of the fuel plus less air in the tank so it can't compress as much, but when its empty, there is lots of gas to be compressed.

Anyway, Once you get this thing running, It's a beast! I like it much better than the Tmaxx, Savage, or LST2 that I have ran. Cen's customer service seems... inconsistent, but the truck is good.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:03 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep good call Dustin!!! And LTNT. hows things going for you in canukland??
Old 05-01-2010, 11:06 PM
dustin7837

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Yep good call Dustin!!! And LTNT. hows things going for you in canukland??
Meh, was super busy with work, but the oilfield died down hard and I find myself happily unemployed lol. Just waiting for nice weather so I can go outside and play. It's supposed to snow again tomorrow

Old 05-05-2010, 04:08 PM
rcbuzz79
My Feedback: (21)

I've had a Genesis since '05, and I have never had that problem.  Until, that is, after I put a check valve in the exhaust pressure line to keep the fuel from leaking out the exhaust when I hang it in my shop.  That is when the problem started to happen.  I the remopved the check valve, and poof!  It started to run fantastic again.  Go figure...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:07 PM
nitro-rob

Do you store the truck with fuel in it?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:17 PM
rcbuzz79
My Feedback: (21)

Sometimes for a day or two max.