Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

High pitch problem Part 2...........

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

High pitch problem Part 2...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:24 PM
nitrotec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High pitch problem Part 2...........

This what I decided to do with my gst 7.7 high pitch problem.....
before i fool around with engine at all, i decided to seal the carb. Now, i need a confirmation here. I took the screw offon the sideof the carb (dont know the purpose of it) I detached the throttlehandle off the carb. I used a plier and gently wiggled the carb til eventually i was able to pop it right out.It was really hardpulling it out at first.I sealed it using permatex and i put it back in. It didnt seem strong in place i was ableto spin it by hand with a little force. is that normal? did i do it right? i put the screw back on, it really didnt too much of a difference.
second, i replaced the fuel tank with my hpi 5.9xl tank. figured less volume maybe the pressure will be greater. I will run it this weekend then i will post the results.

Please i need confirmation on the carb. the carb had no o rings just a plastic sleeve going into the neck.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:49 PM
midntpumkin

Default RE: High pitch problem Part 2...........

here is mine with the old carb i sealed up with permetex , also in the manual it shows 2 o rings on the base of the carb, hope this helps.
the second pic i put permetex around the valve , then sealed up the bolt that holds it to the motor.
try this setting the needles, first set the low end or low speed needle , get it to idle and when you give it throttle it dosent stall , set the idle stop to about a penny width first so when the throttle is closed you only see about the width of a penny opening. then set the high speed needle you will be surprised how much you need to richen the low speed compared to the high speed needle. high pitch wine usually means its lean , check these videos out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prX0OeQLrbw
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63387.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1432129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27011.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1432130   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37263.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1432131  
Old 05-07-2010, 07:34 AM
nitrotec

you know what the disturbing part is i found no O rings when i took the carb out. how do you explain that!! after i installed the carb it still feels a little loose. now that screw that you mentioned, what is the purpose of it? I will take some pictures today of the carb and i will show you what i did!!I am so desperate right know i am willing to ship you the whole truck i will pay you to fix it if you are willing!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
midntpumkin

here is the nemesis , it took me 3 tanks to finally settle on this tune, its been sitting on the shelf for 3 years. the idle is a little high but it still runs fine, i run sidewinder 20% with 12%oil and add 2 oz of extra castor oil to the gallon to make it 14 or 15%oil. these helicopter motors like the more oil and like to run richer. i had mine since 2004 or 5 and the same motor and carb on this one. it took a long time to break in like 2 gallons , but the tank is huge so 2 gallons in 3 hours isint too bad lol.
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=MOV00367.flv
Old 05-07-2010, 12:11 PM
midntpumkin

here is the second part, 1/4 tank i adjusted the idle and needed to adjust the high speed and richen the low. the brass needle on the low speed should be sticking out about 1/16 of an inch it needs to be rich so it can idle with a low idle setting.
i ran it to the end of the tank till it it ran out of fuel .
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=MOV00368.flv
Old 05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
nitrotec

yours run so nice. man i wish mine could run like that. I will post some photos.