Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Kwik-FLI III

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kwik-FLI III

Not addressed to me but it is a question from my era.

We built the IV's in one piece with the top side flat on the table.
The dihedral was the result of the tapering ribs. That was but one of the two designs that comprised the IV series.
It went from 20% at the root chord to 15% at the tip. Seems to me we used the same root chord but added a bay.
The other was a constant percentage NACA 0015.

Phil, in his comments, didn't like either one as well as the standard III. The 15% totally lost the constant speed characteristics while the other flew well but offered no net gain over the constant chord III. Simply differences some of which he didn't like as well as the original III.
The KFIII wing was identical to the KFII wing.
I've read that several times in the MAN KFIII construction article. One of my modeling goals is to build a MKI, MKII, MKIII & MKIV, hence the questions. It would be neat to have all 4 models present on the flight line at the same time.

FB

FB
Old 12-23-2010, 09:11 AM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kwik-FLI III

what's funnier yet is this kit was originally sold on RCG for a hundred bucks...........

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1349317

i got beat to it as usual[:@]