Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Ultimate Classic Pattern radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Stuart Chale

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ultimate Classic Pattern radio

If you were flying back in the mid to late 70's then this is the radio that you "Lusted" after. I know I did Features like servo reversing so you didn't have to open up your servo and switch the outside wires to both the pot and motor. Dual rates and a slow roll button. Retract servo end points. That, and 2 meters, one for battery voltage, one for RF. Yup that was state of the art back then. And for just $749 you could have one too. Proline open gimbles, nice, but no ball bearings.
Luckily whoever stored this one removed the batteries. I powered it up and it still works. Legal frequency too. Servos certainly seem slugush compared to todays servos.

Stuart
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75823.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1537636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65280.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	1537637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37505.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	1537638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40114.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	1537639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76842.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1537640  
Old 12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
onewasp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate Classic Pattern radio

I happen to own such a radio !
Mine too is on a legal frequency (six meters).

The difference is that I am the original purchaser .
Serial number 19. Build date June 12, 1975.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Gregg G
My Feedback: (7)

I flew a Pro Line Single Stick Competition Series in my first contest. I still have it and the gimble assembly on that thing is awsome! Thank you Mr. Chidgey!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Stuart Chale

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Gregg do you think you could still fly single stick?
Stuart
Old 12-23-2010, 02:11 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: sc204

If you were flying back in the mid to late 70's then this is the radio that you ''Lusted'' after. I know I did Features like servo reversing so you didn't have to open up your servo and switch the outside wires to both the pot and motor. Dual rates and a slow roll button. Retract servo end points. That, and 2 meters, one for battery voltage, one for RF. Yup that was state of the art back then. And for just $749 you could have one too. Proline open gimbles, nice, but no ball bearings.
Luckily whoever stored this one removed the batteries. I powered it up and it still works. Legal frequency too. Servos certainly seem slugush compared to todays servos.

Stuart
Very Cool! I still have my purchased new in 1977 Kraft 7C that I use for my Howard Engineering Kwik Fli III Taper Wing. Yours looks like a later model with the little window around the meters, 1978 or later?

Still love the feel of the Kraft sticks and I wish my Futaba 12FG felt the same. I updated it to narrow band in 87 or so and in 89 changed out the flight packs for Futaba servos and HiTec RCD AM dual conversion receivers. Futaba servos are the only servos that I know of that have offset splined output arms that can moved around to adjust for the Kraft encoder pulse width. The 7C encoder is similar to the Signature Series so it has dual rates and the encoder has servo reversing, all I had to do is add the switches on the encoder board. The combination works really well and just seems right for the Kwik Fli. I’m on channel 22 AM and have never had problems in any of the areas I fly.

It’s neat that you can check the flight pack voltage with the TX. Not sure that I see that cable with your system.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50297.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	1537674  
Old 12-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Gregg G
My Feedback: (7)

Stuart not very well that's for sure. I'll try to take some pictures and post them on here.
Greg