Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Super Kaos 90??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Vintage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Kaos 90??

I have put checkerboard on the bottom of all of my sport and pattern birds since the 70's.
Become a habit I guess, but I like it. Some of my ex fellow flyers were having the same problems with their 1.08. Mine is in a Super Skybolt and didn't want the same problem so
I contacted the company that imported the engine. Don't remember who that is, been a couple of
years. Anyway, they recommended I put in another head gasket, making a total of two.
He mentioned that ASP's do not like nitro. Nitro is very scarce in Europe. When I was in
Germany, none of the locals (Germans) ran any nitro. The extra gasket is supposed to
lower the compression enough to help overheating and flameouts problems. I am not in contact
with any of the ex flyers, so I do not know if it works. I have not run mine since I installed
the extra gasket.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:00 PM
KrisG

a friend of mine had an ASP 108, and it would run perfectly on a mix of 80% methanol and 20% castor, no nitro. He had to use a fairly hot Enya plug in it, but it ran extremely well, turning a 15x8 or 15x6, not sure anymore, and using a snuffler-muffler on the back of the standard muffler. He ran it for years, and has it in storage now. Just a hint : methanol/oil mix is cheaper than fuel with nitro, and a 108 can guzzle up a can in no time! The enya plug was expensive but lasted YEARS, literally.

Kris G
Old 04-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Rudder Dragger
My Feedback: (1)

Time to rekindle this link.

Has anyone built a Kaos 90 recently? I am getting ready to scratch one real soon. Actually I might cut out two while I''m taking the time to make sawdust. It''s gonna be a taildragger with a Saito 150 up front.

Did anyone ever thin down the airfoil. I was considering it, but don''t know if it''s what I should do or not.

With my Kaos 60 I flew mostly low level, scale type aerobatics, working the throttle a lot. I fly at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle most of the time only going to full on uplines and loops. I also loved doing low, slow (4-5 clicks of throttle), inverted passes a foot (or less sometimes) off the field. I don''t want the plane to be too slow of a flyer as I hate flying in the wind and I''d like it to penetrate and not bounce around too much.

Will the stock 90 airfoil work ok or great for my flying style or should I consider thinning it?

Thanks, Mike