Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Classic Pattern at the Bear Mountain Flyers Fall Pattern Meet - Oct. 1 & 2

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Classic Pattern at the Bear Mountain Flyers Fall Pattern Meet - Oct. 1 & 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 07:35 AM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Pattern at the Bear Mountain Flyers Fall Pattern Meet - Oct. 1 & 2

On October 1st and 2nd the Bear Mountain Flyers will be hosting the Fall Pattern Contest originally scheduled for the AVTI club in Lancaster, CA. The BMF location will probably have much better weather then Lancaster and it can also draw a bit better from the north. Here is a link to the club's website for directions to the field,

http://www.bearmountainflyers.net/home

Along with the normal Pattern Classes we will be offering the four Classic Pattern classes. Novice, Sportsman, Advanced and Masters. The rules will be as posted on the Ballistic pattern Association website. Here is that link,

http://www.ballisticpattern.com/

It will be your choice what class you want to fly. You can enter both the regular pattern events and Classic. Here is a link to a Flyer for the event.

http://www.patternflying.com/NewsDetailPage.aspx?ID=126

What is not mentioned is that you can enter both the regular AMA/F3A classes and Classic pattern. A second class will be an additional $10 entry fee. I will post a link to a site where you can pre-register soon. Pre-registering will be highly recommended.

Hope to see all you Classic fans out at this event! Let's get this thing going and let's add some more fun to pattern events!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:47 AM
KLXMASTER14

Default RE: Classic Pattern at the Bear Mountain Flyers Fall Pattern Meet - Oct. 1 & 2

I will be there, will fly BPA Advanced, and AMA Intermediate. Hey- y'all that came out to Camarillo, let's attend this one, and keep the ball rolling!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52430.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1652035  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:09 AM
KLXMASTER14

Default RE: Classic Pattern at the Bear Mountain Flyers Fall Pattern Meet - Oct. 1 & 2

Bump.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm planning on it, Tiporare in BPA Sportsman and Osiris in AMA Sportsman. Sounds great!
Chris... 
Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 PM
TonyF

I'm sending a finished Phoenix 7 to Jon Carter this weekend so we have another Classic flier. The dates. Oct.1st and 2nd are coming up soon. I think we're going to have great time flying all kinds of pattern models and patterns. Looking forward to it!

I'll post more info as we get closer to the weekend.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:15 PM
stuntflyr

Great Tony,
He mentioned that with some excitement.
Chris...
Old 09-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Surefire
My Feedback: (1)

Tony - Can't wait to get the Phoenix and start flying some "Classic Pattern"

Thanks,
Old 09-16-2011, 10:02 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Tony,

Send some photos and a report and we will get info on the NEW CPA website...

www.classicpatternassociation.com

Scott cpa#2
Old 09-20-2011, 08:36 PM
IH82Roll

Here is a link for the pre-registration form for the contest. http://www.patternflying.com/TempRegistrationPage.aspx If you are competing in the classic pattern put "(CP)" to the right of your last name, so we can get an idea who is interested. If you are entering both AMA and classic, you can put "(both)" to the right of your last name and select the AMA class you wish. You will still have to select an AMA class either way at the bottom.....not much we can do about that at this time. Any direct questions about classic pattern, go ahead and contact Tony F. for the details. Looking forward to seeing you all at the contest.

Mike G.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:30 PM
IH82Roll

The pre-registation form now has "Classic" in the competition pull down box. Thanks Robert!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM
TonyF

So who all is planning on being there to fly Classic?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 PM
stuntflyr

I'll be there, Tipo in Classic, Sportsman, I figure.
Chris...
Old 09-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Surefire

My plan is to fly AMA and Classic Masters. I plan on getting the first flight on the P7 this weekend!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:52 AM
KLXMASTER14

Classic Advanced here, One more pilot flying advanced pending his job situation.

-Robert
Old 09-22-2011, 05:29 PM
TonyF

Great! Keep 'em coming. I was at the field today getting some practice flying in. Just so everyone knows, they have had some issues with the power line and power is not available. So if you are electric, bring your generator. They are trying to get a big generator in to provide power, but don't count on it.

Got 4 more flights in with the P-7. Chip Hyde got a flight on it also. Unfortunately, he will be away at Tucson for the Shootout, so we will miss him flying Classic. But I hear Jim Kimbro has got his Compensator going and his son has his Dirty Birdy, and I hear they scream!
Old 09-24-2011, 05:01 PM
RacerPaul15
My Feedback: (40)

Sounds great! Is there any schedule? The wife and I may have to make a drive from LI to spectate, no Classic Pattern ship ready yet, got to decide what to build this winter and be ready for next season!

Any NECPO types planning to attend?

Regards
Paul

<<<<EDIT>>>> Um, just realized.. wrong Bear Mountain! LOL Will be watching for report and pix with great interest!

Regards
Paul
Old 09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
TonyF

Just a few more days to go! If you haven't registered yet, please do so at the above link.

I'm really looking forward to this event. I hope we can get Classic really going in this area.

BTW, I will be at the field all day Friday if anyone is thinking of coming early. Let me know if you need anything.

Tony
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM
KLXMASTER14

Tony,
I am coming up Friday, bringing trailer to stay in. Looking forward to see you, and getting a couple of practice flights in. How much is the (primary) entry fee for the contest? I see that the second added class is $10.

-Robert
Old 09-30-2011, 12:51 PM
stuntflyr

Kimbro's, Tony F, Robert, Chris, Jon, anyone else bringing a Classic? Any one need one, I can bring the Kaos for another flyer?

I lost my phone contacts for LeRoy and Ralph DePalma, anyone know them and can contact them? Kevin, are you going?

Chris...

Old 10-03-2011, 09:40 AM
stuntflyr

The first District 7 Classic Pattern contest was a great success.
There were 6 pilots and 7 Classics.
Jim Kimbro, Deception, Rossi; Matt Kimbro, Dirty Birdy, Rossi; Robert Fish, Phoenix 7 and Vertigo, Magnums both; Jon Carter, Phoenix 7, Evo on bingy cf pipe; Tony Frankowiak, Phoenix 7, Evo; and Chris McMillin, Tiporare, OS FSR.
All had pipes and retracts. All flew well, and we had a blast. The rounds were run all classes at once, Sportsman for me, Robert was Advanced and the rest were Masters, and it worked pretty well that way.
Thanks to CD's Jean and Mike Greear for fitting us into their contest, and to Tony F for putting CPA in a competitive form in California.
Chris...

Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Free Bird

Does anybody have any pics they can post? TIA!

FB
Old 10-03-2011, 10:43 AM
stuntflyr

I forgot my camera. Robert is going to post his soon, I think.
Chris...
Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 AM
KLXMASTER14

I do have some pics, I will get them posted as soon as I can get to it.

Echoing Chris here: The contest was a great success, the classics fit right into the schedule. It was quite a sight to see a modern pattern airplane putting through the sky with a classic hot on the pipe raging by.

A great time was had by all. Thank you Mike and Jean for such a well run contest. It was Mike's first time behind the wheel as a CD, and he did a remarkable job. This contest shows that classics and AMA can get along just fine in the same venue. I hope that this concept catches on. I would certainly benefit both sides of the spectrum.

-Robert
Old 10-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Surefire

I want to echo the thanks to Mike & Jean and Tony F. for "getting it done!" I found out that my "cool" carbon pipe is not a good option with my Evo 60 but hey, I got a lot of dead-stick landing practice in! Despite my issues it was a great start to classic pattern out here in the west and I know we will do more of it!

Thanks,
Old 10-04-2011, 04:55 PM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Robert,

Send me some photo's for the CPA website

scott#2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.