Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

'Bootlegger redux' meets Steve Helms

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 05:46 AM
CHiatt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Bootlegger redux' meets Steve Helms

I was in Huntsville this past weeked for a heli contest hosted by the Huntsville Heli Flyers and CD'd by my son Daniel. See: http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t725434p2/. A good time was had by all... and Daniel kicked my butt in F3C!

But, the real highlight of the weekend was taking 'Bootlegger redux' out to the RCRC field so that Steve Helms could see the finished model and watch it fly. What an experience, the OPS was howling and the model flew like it was on rails... and I was nervous like I haven't been in years!

I couldn't convince Steve to fly it, but I think he enjoyed watching it none the less. I did let Daniel fly it for a few minutes and he now knows why we fly F3C the way we do!

Many thanks to Mike, Jon and Gary for indulging us for a little while Sunday afternoon. It was good to get caught up with them too.

Regards,
Cliff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50158.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	1884208   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94298.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	1884209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61299.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	362.0 KB
ID:	1884210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr46991.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	338.2 KB
ID:	1884211  
Old 05-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Skylane
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 'Bootlegger redux' meets Steve Helms

Cliff,

Great to see the pics of you, Steve, and the Bootlegger. Brings back many memories.

Jeff Owens