Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

No place for nosewheel with rear-exhaust

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

No place for nosewheel with rear-exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 03:09 AM
Frisko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No place for nosewheel with rear-exhaust

I got a problem now with my new scratch build plane. It has an OS 60 with rear exhaust, build in up side down so the tuned pipes is in the belly pan. I want to build it with a nose wheel.
Now I’m facing the problem that I can not fix the nose landing gear because the tuned pipe is in the way.
How can I solve this problem? What is the solution for it on planes like the MK Aurora or Cosmos.
If possible, pictures please??
Many thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 06:16 AM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: No place for nosewheel with rear-exhaust

Frisko,

There are two solutions. One, (used on the Aurora,Cosmos, Atlanta and most of the Japanese birds) was an offset header pipe. This would angle to the left/right and give you the clearance to mount a steerable nosegear. In other words, the pipe went around the nosegear.

The second solution is the one used on the Magic which is the S shaped header pipe which takes the exhause from the inverted engine and routes it to the top of the fuselage where the pipe is attached.

Both of these methods are used with rear exhaust engines.... keep in mind with the offset pipe that the header/coupler/pipe do not have to be in a straight line to be effective.

I'm sure someone else here on the forum can post some pics of these methods.

Dan
Carolina Custom Aircraft
Old 04-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Frisko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No place for nosewheel with rear-exhaust

Thank you Deadstik,
the second solution is not possible, I didn't know that the pipe was on top with a Majic.
I'll have to look for an offset header or S-shape.