Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Pattery Plane for Moki 61 Rear Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:10 PM
buzzingb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pattery Plane for Moki 61 Rear Exhaust

Hi I need a fast pattern plane to go well with a Moki 61 rear exhaust that I just purchased. I like to mound my engines on the side but will consider any upright mount that has the fuel tank in line with carb. I want fast, really fast.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:38 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pattery Plane for Moki 61 Rear Exhaust

ORIGINAL: buzzingb

Hi I need a fast pattern plane to go well with a Moki 61 rear exhaust that I just purchased. I like to mound my engines on the side but will consider any upright mount that has the fuel tank in line with carb. I want fast, really fast.

-----------------------

Consider the Tower Kaos .40, which is really not a forty sized model. It is in between a .40 and a .61 size model, but it leans more toward the .60. This would go like stink with your Moki .60 lying on its side with the pipe running down the fuselage over top of the wing.

I can think of lots of pattern aircraft that utilized rear exhaust engines that were mounted upright, or inverted, but you would have to build them either from plans or the rare kit find.

The Bootlegger, Deception, Magic and a plethora of others, all would accomodate your Moke .61 in fine style.

Currently Bluejay Models sells a Dirty Birdy .60 kit that would also let you side mount the engine for an exposed, side mounted tuned pipe. I'm sure that it would rip right along with a modern high output .60 doing the pulling.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pattery Plane for Moki 61 Rear Exhaust

Buzz,

I've got the ticket if you want fast.... The plane is a T2A MK II...... and will scream with your Moki. I have attached a reduced set of plans so you can get an idea of the plane's layout. Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you a brochure.

Dan

Carolina Custom Aircraft
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96774.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	438898