Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Tom Brett's Perigee

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
RFJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tom Brett's Perigee

Another couple of '65 Nats shots from MAN November 1965 which you may have seen before.

Sorry about the poor quality but the originals are very small.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29817.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	940868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94131.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	940869  
Old 05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANKS AGAIN RAY

No, I havent seen either of these. Looks like 1965 was a big year for these early pioneers, and shows them near the end of their R/C careers. Both Ed and Tom disappeared from the R/C scene shortly afterward.

By 1970, the designs and technology had advanced so much that things had really changed from the early days. As Kazmirski and Brett moved on to other things, other pioneers such as Jim Kirkland and Don Lowe continued on in the hobby, and were innovative trendsetters. Kirkland however, died at a young age in late 1972 at the peak of his popularity and productivity. Vic Husak never achieved "super-star" status, but his 2-meter size creations the King Altair and Mr Slick, (with retracts) were decades ahead of their time. Both of Vic's planes survived as RCM plans. Unfortunately the Simla and TBX-1 never had articles and plans published.

Duane
Old 05-02-2008, 09:41 PM
pgilbert
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just came across this notice in the clubhouse threads about the passing of Ed Kazmirski. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6848322/tm.htm
Gil