Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

phoenix 8 verse phoenix 7

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:27 PM
extragiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default phoenix 8 verse phoenix 7

Can anyone tell me the difference between the p8 and p7. I have a fusalage for a p8 and no wings or stabs. I contacted a company that has a set of wings for the p8 but no tail. The company does have the cores for the p7 will these work on the p8? I am also looking for a set of plans or some tech info like dihedrial of the wings and stabs.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me

Allen
Old 02-13-2009, 04:52 PM
djr1007

Default RE: phoenix 8 verse phoenix 7

Contact George Truett @ [email protected]. You may have to wait awhile for his next run, but his P8 kit is basically just the fuse, wings & stab cores.
I'm sure he would send you just the cores.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:58 PM
extragiles

thanks for that info but I already ordered the wings and he is waiting on me to find out if the stabs are the same before he ships.

Allen
Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 PM
RFJ

Seen this from Don Lowe's son?

Phoenix 1 was published by RCM. Was kitted with fiberglass fuselage, but I never saw one of these kits. Originally powered by a Super Tigre .46, then a .51, then a .56 as they became available.
Phoenix 2 was a Phoenix 1 with less sweep, about 15 degrees. Not published. One built.
Phoenix 3 was somewhat larger, similar sweep as Phoenix 1 One built, not published. Airplane still exists.
Phoenix 4 was a new design, less sweep, one built, not published.
Phoenix 5 used the wing and tail from the Phoenix 4, more side area for knife edge, published by American Modeler magazine. Kitted with fiberglass fuselage, foam wing by numerous people. Also a 40 sized version was kitted with a fiberglass fuselage. TONS of these were built. Wing Manufacturing has the molds and is kitting them.
Phoenix 6 was somewhat smaller. Was kitted with a fiberglass fuselage/foam wings. Kit wasn't very good, and was heavy.
Phoenix 7 was a very minor departure from the Phoenix 6, primarily don e for another fiberglass kit seller for something different. High quality kits produced by Joe Bridi, but sold under another name.
Phoenix 8 was somewhat larger. Kits allegedly still available from PAC, but haven't tried to get one. I know the molds exist.
Phoenix 9 was a departure from previous thinking and designed for turnaround pattern. Swept leading edge, straight trailing edge. Larger overall, two piece wing, specifically designed for a muffled tuned pipe. The late Bob Godfrey (of TOC fame) built some of them up for various people. I have one, with an OS .61 RFP ABC, and pipe. Not published.
Phoenix 10 was essentially a Phoenix 9 with a longer fuselage (2 inches?). One built with a Hanno .61. Plane still exists. Last in the series.

Jon Lowe
Old 02-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a NIB P8 kit. You want me to trace the stab cores and send a template on paper with dimensions? You could cut templates and stabs from there.

PM or email me. I'm not subscribed to this thread.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:31 PM
extragiles

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with this issue. I now have someone sending the drawings to Eureka Aircraft Company and they are going to cut them for me. If anyone is in need of any foam wings or stabs I would contact Don at Eureka. Top notch service.

Thanks again
Allen
Old 02-18-2009, 07:07 PM
gaylordjohng

I have a pHOENIX 8 IN LIKE NEW CONDITION. fLEW IN expert CLASS IN 1983. hAS A wEBRA 61 AND TUNED PIPE AND ALL KRAFT SERVOS, RECEIVER, BATT, TANK, AND A VERY SPECIAL FLYING TAIL STAB. IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. aLSO THE ORIGINAL BRIDI UFO USED FOR THE MOLD FOR PRODUTION. 61 WQITH PIPE , ALL SERVOS. ALSO I HAVE 2 DIRTY BIRDIES IN EXCELLENT SHAPE WITH ENGINES, SERVOS, RECEIVERS ETC RETRACTS IN ALL PLANES. ALSO 2 TIPORARES WITH OPS ENGINES, SERVOS, , RECEIVERS, GREAT SHAPE, ONE CURARE WITH EVERYTHING, RETRACTS, OPS WITH MIX CONTROL. ALSO A RARE HIPPO TIPPO WITH ENGINE SERVOS ETC GREAT SHAPE IM TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS IN TO CLASSIC PATTERN TO USE THESE PLANES. ALSO ONE DON ATWOOD SUPEER BIRDI WITH 61 ENGINE AND SERVOS IN GREAT SHAPE JOHN GAYLORD 541-745-5088