Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Hotlanta SPA...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotlanta SPA...

I had to work this weekend and the Hotlanta SPA event is going on... [&o]

I did however get a chance to stop by there on the way home today. I got to see the last round of the day which was the Senior Expert class. What a treat!! I got to see Ron Chidgey fly a beautiful flight with his Tiger Tail IV!! Awesome!! Beautiful airplane and great flying by him and all the Senior Experts.

Mr Chidgey was using a single stick radio which looked pretty neat from where I was sitting. I didn't bother him too much after his flight because almost everyone else had left and I didn't want to hold those guys up. It was hot today and I'm sure they were ready to get the heck out of there...

I'm soooo glad I stopped by...Even though I only got to see one round of one class it was definitely worth it!!

Have Fun...

Chuck
Old 06-12-2010, 05:57 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Hotlanta SPA...

cool. would like to make that event sometime.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Atlanta 60

I had to work this weekend and the Hotlanta SPA event is going on... [&o]

I did however get a chance to stop by there on the way home today...I got to see the last round of the day which was the Expert class...What a treat!! I got to see Ron Cidgey fly a beautiful flight with his Tiger Tail IV!! Awesome!! Beautiful airplane and great flying by all the experts...

Mr Cidgey was using a single stick radio which looked pretty neat from where I was sitting...I didn't bother him too much after his flight because almost everyone else had left and I didn't want to hold those guys up...It was hot today and I'm sure they were ready to get the heck out of there...

I'm soooo glad I stopped by...Even though I only got to see one round of one class it was definitely worth it!!

Have Fun...

Chuck

It sure was hot and muggy today! Was Ron using a two stroke engine?

Old 06-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

I think everyone I saw fly was using a four stroke engine. I can't really say I was paying that much attention but as far as I remember they were...

I got there too late so I missed the masses but I heard there were 25 contestants total.

I kinda forgot about the Paulding County site, it's probably been 15 to 20 years since I've been out there. I need to re-join because it's not too far from my home. It would be kewl to fly out there with the SPA presence. I think there are some good pilots who fly there.

Neat Stuff...

Chuck
Old 06-13-2010, 12:10 AM
John Hancock

We will be flying two more rounds today starting at 9:00. Yall come out if you can! We have plenty of water and Gatorade!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:03 AM
Skip
My Feedback: (76)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron Chidgey was using an OS 91. four stroke. Hs plane was an exceptional display of building and finishing. It was really beautiful. He flies very smooth and precise. A real pro! Although I broke a landing gear and went home Sat afternoon it was a fun event. I cannot remember a hotter and more humid flying day. It was miserable. Especially for us older folks. The expert fliers are so good it's hard for me ( old fart) to compete against them. At least I came home with 99% of my plane intact.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:56 AM
grcourtney
My Feedback: (1)

Skip

Ur not old just well seasoned !!!!!

gary
Old 06-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Skip

You mean "overripe"??
Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 PM
grcourtney
My Feedback: (1)

Skip

before to long you'll be a classic.

gary
Old 06-13-2010, 08:00 PM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

. .  .ouchies. . .
Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Skip

Watch it Gary . I am petitioning the Medicare folks to allow purchasing SPA planes as part of my rehabilitation for RC addiction. So far, no answer!