Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Man is Arrested for attempted Attack!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Man is Arrested for attempted Attack!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:49 AM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Man is Arrested for attempted Attack!

You know, neither of those planes pictured look like "$200 all foamy Nitroplanes.com" planes to me....
Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 AM
rprouty

WHAT REALLY CHAPS MY @$$ IS THAT THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE GET ALL THEIR TRAINING AND EDUCATION IN THE UNITED STATES, AND EVEN BECOME US CITIZENS AND TO TOP THAT; HELL WE PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:12 AM
bpasternak
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

Why does anyone believe anything the Media says?
For the most part, people are stupid. We don't (or can't) think for ourselves. We need someone to tell us how things are. Most of our laws and the freedoms that we lose everyday are decided by ill-informed people. But, these same people think they know what's going on (because 'someone said so') and what is best for everyone else.

America needs to wake up and we need to start thinking for ourselves. Until then, things are going to get much worse.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:14 AM
bpasternak
My Feedback: (4)

dupe
Old 09-30-2011, 05:51 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: Flak

OK, this guy is a terrorist, a coward, and a traitor. He wants to kill us. He got made and hanged himself with his own rope. I hope his devious acts don't cast a dark shadow on our hobby that we love so well. However, we must ALL be vigilant against this type of behavior, and report it when we know about it. I have met some outstanding folks in this hobby and on this board!

a little racial profiling wouldnt hurt either...i dont care what anyone else says...
Has it ever dawned on you that that type of narrow minded thinking is what got us into the mess we are in in the first place? Also, how far would your "racial profiling" have gotten you with Timothy McVeigh, the worst act of terrorism in the US prior to 9/11? Dude!!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:59 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

How many have read the FBI's Affidavit thru. They Encouraged, supported and financed Rezwan Ferdaus.  They even gave him the money to buy the first model plane. They also supplied the C4 and the AK-47's. Sorta like when the ATF lost track of 1800 guns they had American gun shops, in Arizona, sell to known gun runners that delivered them to the drug cartels in Mexico. Ya just can't trust the government to get anything right.

To read the FBI’s affidavit on the case, go here.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 AM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: rc18junky

the feds announced a new law will be passed that if you have a criminal record from dwi to armed robbery you will be banned from flying model aircraft over 5 pounds. and any one wanting to fly one will have to get a government issued licenses and a back ground check. also will not be allowed to fly 25 miles from any government buildings with fines from 2000.00 to 25.000 ouch.............................................. ........
Wow! You must of heard that on the internet. It must be true!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 AM
bullseye000

This whole setup was so Wil E. Coyote. He could have just painted a tunnel on the side of the pentagon. It's a shame they didn't give him just enough of the real stuff and let him blow himself up with it. Regardless of what the alphabet bureaucrats come up with the media has painted us with a wide brush as being a convenient tool for terrorist activities. That's what the public's perception is going to be because their perception will become their reality. It will only become a matter of time before there is some form of restriction or regulation put on the hobby.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:57 AM
HoundDog

Hey Manfred ... this is exactlly what they have been asking us Full Scale pilots to do, be vigilent and report any suppious activity around general avaition airports. We have been caught napping from Pearl Harbor right thru 911. Vigalance is the only thing that can stop this kind of terriorsum. Those that stick their heads in the sand, expose their butts, and deserve to get them kicked.
ORIGINAL: MANFRED

OK, this guy is a terrorist, a coward, and a traitor. He wants to kill us. He got made and hanged himself with his own rope. I hope his devious acts don't cast a dark shadow on our hobby that we love so well. However, we must ALL be vigilant against this type of behavior, and report it when we know about it. I have met some outstanding folks in this hobby and on this board!

a little racial profiling wouldnt hurt either...i dont care what anyone else says...
Has it ever dawned on you that that type of narrow minded thinking is what got us into the mess we are in in the first place? Also, how far would your "racial profiling" have gotten you with Timothy McVeigh, the worst act of terrorism in the US prior to 9/11? Dude!!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:09 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Has it ever dawned on you that that type of narrow minded thinking is what got us into the mess we are in in the first place? Also, how far would your ''racial profiling'' have gotten you with Timothy McVeigh, the worst act of terrorism in the US prior to 9/11? Dude!!
Bullshet there are far more American hating sleeper cell terrorists here in the USA than we have of our own born in the USA type
Old 09-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Warbirdguy

Has it ever dawned on you that that type of narrow minded thinking is what got us into the mess we are in in the first place? Also, how far would your ''racial profiling'' have gotten you with Timothy McVeigh, the worst act of terrorism in the US prior to 9/11? Dude!!
Bullshet there are far more American hating sleeper cell terrorists here in the USA than we have of our own born in the USA type

Are you quoting statistics that you know of ..personally? I mean, how would you know how many sleeper cells are in America? Or is that just a figure you came up with out of thin air?

That kind of tells the story here. If people dont know, they just say what they want and somehow, it becomes the truth.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:02 AM
dreadnaut

ORIGINAL: bullseye000
He could have just painted a tunnel on the side of the pentagon.
[sm=lol.gif]
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 AM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

Are you quoting statistics that you know of ..personally? I mean, how would you know how many sleeper cells are in America? Or is that just a figure you came up with out of thin air?

That kind of tells the story here. If people dont know, they just say what they want and somehow, it becomes the truth.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=29860 i guess believing we have terrrorists from abroad living here in the USA is a fantasy in your closed mind
Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Silent-AV8R

Just FYI the link you posted is to an excerpt from a book by the same guy who published a Birther Myth book AFTER Obama released the original full form birth certificate. That is something no other President in history has had to do. Oh, I forgot, he's got a funny name and doesn't "look" like most of us. Sound familiar??
Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 AM
BUDMAN27

For 50 years I have seen so many of our freedems taken away from us. God only knows what will happen to our hobby now. What worries me now is the copy cat, that says o I can do a better job than that guy. There are so many haters out there its scairy. All I can say is its going to get rough out there. Better hang on for dear life. Nothing a cold beer can,t fix I sapose. God is great beer is good and people are crazy.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 AM
HoundDog

Man looks like personalities are going to start clashing again. It doesn't behoove anyone to go off topic and start making it personal or political ... Let's all try to stay on subject here. This fourm is about "Man is arrested for attempted attack". Let's stick to that. Please. No Name Calling.
ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Just FYI the link you posted is to an excerpt from a book by the same guy who published a Birther Myth book AFTER Obama released the original full form birth certificate. That is something no other President in history has had to do. Oh, I forgot, he's got a funny name and doesn't "look" like most of us. Sound familiar??
Old 09-30-2011, 09:58 AM
bchapman

I think we all need to be more aware at our respective flying fields. If you see someone or somthing that doesn't feel right, report it. Let this incident be a wake up call.

I don't believe that you can simply employ racial profiling and catch all of the bad guys (OKC bomber), but it does give you a head start, and sure wouldn't hurt.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:17 AM
HoundDog

[quote]ORIGINAL: bchapman

I think we all need to be more aware at our respective flying fields. If you see someone or somthing that doesn't feel right, report it. Let this incident be a wake up call.

I don't believe that you can simply employ racial profiling and catch all of the bad guys (OKC bomber), but it does give you a head start, and sure wouldn't hurt.

[/quote
Yes we all have to be vigilant, but this guy never went to a Hobby Shop or a flying field. The real tragady here is the Fed's beleaving that this guy with his limited knowledge of Model Airplanes could even come close to pulling any of this off. It's been proven that even with light full scale aircraft you can't bring down a whole building. i.e. a Cessna 152 into an IRS building in Austin TX. Hell during WWII a B-25 Bommer hit the 25th floor of the Empire State Building, and it still stands. The thing is Model Airplanes are not a major terriost weapon and the Fed's have to be convinced of that.
What the FED's should really be looking for is "Where did hundereds of the sholder launched and other heat seaking missles go, that Gadafi had?
That is a far grater danger than any Model Air Plane ever could be.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:28 AM
bchapman

[quote]ORIGINAL: HoundDog

ORIGINAL: bchapman

[/quote
Yes we all have to be vigilant, but this guy never went to a Hobby Shop or a flying field. The real tragady here is the Fed's beleaving that this guy with his limited knowledge of Model Airplanes could even come close to pulling any of this off. It's been proven that even with light full scale aircraft you can't bring down a whole building. i.e. a Cessna 152 into an IRS building in Austin TX. Hell during WWII a B-25 Bommer hit the 25th floor of the Empire State Building, and it still stands. The thing is Model Airplanes are not a major terriost weapon and the Fed's have to be convinced of that.
What the FED's should really be looking for is ''Where did hundereds of the sholder launched and other heat seaking missles go, that Gadafi had?
That is a far grater danger than any Model Air Plane ever could be.

Yeah you're right about the minimal threat model airplanes impose. Even the big ones (100lbs+) wouldn't have that large of a payload capacity. I guess my thing is that it's a terrorist act, an act to make people frightened, or uneasy, not so much about how many people are killed in such an attack.

I read about the missing shoulder fired heat seekers that went missing. That's not good if they end up in the wrong hands!

Old 10-02-2011, 06:16 AM
outdoorhunting

Not only that. Take Awalaki or whatever his name is, when we got him,the ACLU says we violated his rights just like we did to BenLaden!! At least Ben Laden was NOT an American citizen!!!!! Alawaki was a TRAITOR & should have NO rights !!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:05 AM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is not about "safety" its about "control". Just like gun control. The only people such laws affect are those who are not criminals. People who are planning criminal or terroist acts arn't concerned with law, rules or regulations, FAA or otherwise. Why the idiots in our government and our general population can't figure out this simple truth is beyond me.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:44 AM
flyinwalenda

Once they figured out they can make money off of any legislation why repeal it even though it does little/nothing to control what it was set up to try and control. Hope they don't try it.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
murdock0700

ORIGINAL: allamericanflyer

I like how they said large remote controlled aircraft and then later stated he had an F-86 delivered to him. If it is indeed the E-flite F-86 then I hope he was not planning on causing much damage???

You can guarantee this will be used in the future proposal from the FAA...may not have much merit as this is (so far) a recent isolated incident.

We'll wait and see.

NOTHING that the FAA is currently doing is motivated by security concerns, it's not their area of responsibility. They have made this point repeatedly. They are motivated by air safety concerns. Period.

What scares me is what DHS might get a bug up their butts to do. But on the other hand Nissan can still sell Pathfinders despite some idiot trying to load it with explosives in Times Square.
Excuse me but all I was saying is that another department, like the DHS, could get involved and use this incidentin an attempttorestrict access to the NAS. The NAS does fall intothe FAAsrelm so if there is a security concern I am sure they will be involved with the discussion.

What does the Department of Human Services got to do with any of this ?????... Sounds kinda stuuupid to me !!!

MTB

Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
allamericanflyer
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: murdock0700

I like how they said large remote controlled aircraft and then later stated he had an F-86 delivered to him. If it is indeed the E-flite F-86 then I hope he was not planning on causing much damage???

You can guarantee this will be used in the future proposal from the FAA...may not have much merit as this is (so far) a recent isolated incident.

We'll wait and see.

NOTHING that the FAA is currently doing is motivated by security concerns, it's not their area of responsibility. They have made this point repeatedly. They are motivated by air safety concerns. Period.

What scares me is what DHS might get a bug up their butts to do. But on the other hand Nissan can still sell Pathfinders despite some idiot trying to load it with explosives in Times Square.
Excuse me but all I was saying is that another department, like the DHS, could get involved and use this incidentin an attempttorestrict access to the NAS. The NAS does fall intothe FAAsrelm so if there is a security concern I am sure they will be involved with the discussion.

What does the Department of Human Services got to do with any of this ?????... Sounds kinda stuuupid to me !!!

MTB

I hope you're kidding?!?

If not then the DHS I am referring to is the Department of Homeland Security.

You were saying something about being stupid???