Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Am I the only one.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:13 AM
JohnB96041

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Am I the only one.....

Here is where mine hangs when it says page can not be displayed:

INTERNET-BR.car1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.59.56
.162]
Old 03-04-2012, 11:37 AM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

i have problems every now and then but it works for the most part. That being said with so little posting going on i do not come here often
Old 03-04-2012, 11:45 AM
topspin

I don't know what is going on with this site but half the time it won't even load and is super slow even when it does. Same goes for WattFlyer. Come on RCU, get it fixed..
Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto
Old 03-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

RCG isn't perfect either!

Or else it's a conspiracy between them!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56555.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1735014  
Old 03-04-2012, 04:00 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kmot

I got that once today, for the first time ever. Must be all the extra traffic they are picking up from those who cannot get on here. I was unable to get on RCU until nearly noon today.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:11 PM
outdoorhunting

It's been this way (off & on) for at least a couple of months! Although for the last couple of days I've not had any major problems. With the wealth of info you can get off this site, the hassel is worth it sometimes. - Sure would be nice though if they would fix it. I'm just afraid one day it won't be here !!! Hope not !!!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:41 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: TLH101

I got that once today, for the first time ever. Must be all the extra traffic they are picking up from those who cannot get on here. I was unable to get on RCU until nearly noon today.
I had that happen, for the first time, yesterday, too.

Then, on another site, a poster stated that RCU was gone, implying that it was permanent.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:08 AM
JNorton

ORIGINAL: TomCrump

Nope, you are not the only one.

I would estimate my surfing RCU has been reduced by 75% over the past couple of months because of slow or no access.

This is an all too often occurence:

I agree. I don't visit as much, since the site has become so difficult to use.
Sluggishness I can deal with. Not connecting 6 times in two hours means you cannot even follow a thread if it leads to a different page! It is getting unusable. Forget about posting pictures = what use is this site if you cannot communicate?
John
Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 AM
JohnB96041

How can the RCU company? post what is wrong with their servers and this web site, when they don't know. That is why it has not been fixed.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: JohnB96041

How can the RCU company? post what is wrong with their servers and this web site, when they don't know. That is why it has not been fixed.

How Brilliant? That is rather like, "The airplane crashed because I did not know how to fly it."

If they don't know what is wrong, it's darn well they find out or just shut it down. [:-]
Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

I've been getting error 324 Quite often.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 AM
JNorton

WOW the site is actually working this afternoon!
John
Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
JohnB96041

Not working here worth a hoot. Just read your post and tried to reply and it boomed again.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 AM
JNorton

In Michigan it's working. Must be routing????
John
Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

What amazes me is they still have adverts on this site. I wouldn't advertise here. Waste of money. RCU is, regarding fixing this site, like an alcoholic, they'll stop after the NEXT drink

It's too bad, I like these forums
Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 AM
d_bodary

ORIGINAL: JNorton

In Michigan it's working. Must be routing????
John
Not in this part of Michigan
Twice i've gotten error 243 and the last time was error 109
Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
JNorton

Well tonight it's back to the same ole sh**. This is just not acceptable. RCU is going to be losing people in droves if this keeps up.
John
Old 03-05-2012, 04:41 PM
mainiac68

Me too, been spending less time here. Love the forum but have been looking around. Will get back here often to see how it's going.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

(quote]ORIGINAL: Live Wire

I don't think the guy's that bought this site play with ToY Airplanes. This place has had trouble since it was sold and they know what is going on. Just ask Ken one of the Administrators
Well this post is still setting here
[/quote]

I think it's a syndrome called, DGAS, the first word is don't and the last is something you take. You see that a lot. The founders had a passion for the thing they were creating, worked 16 hour days for years. Got tired and were made an offer they couldn't refuse. New guys are just cruising on the revenue and/or can't afford the manpower to make it work well, day to day.

Here's a thumbs up for the guys who built RCU. After a meltdown and the purchase of a new computer, I found myself not being able to log into any of my hangouts. Even Youtube wouldn't let me in. Told me I needed to have cookies enabled. Since getting the new machine I kept getting prompts to allow or not, cookies. Not having had to deal with that before, I just disallowed everything. Seems when you do that, the website goes on a blacklist. Including RCU and Youtube. So Google/Youtube tells you you need to enable cookies and shows you how to do that. Tried multiple times with no luck.

BUT, when I tried to login to RCU I got a similar prompt and instructions. RCU's instructions are superior to mighty Google plus, they went the extra, vital step, showing you how to take out all those websites on the blacklist.

I hope the inventors of RCU are enjoying their life in the sun, sand and surf, (that's where I'd be) but I'd bet that they're not happy seeing RCU deteriorate.

Anyway,,,

When I make a post, I constantly select all and then copy. If you lose a post, just paste it right back in,,, like I did, just now. [:@]
Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have started jokingly referring to it as "RC Unavailable"
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 AM
clandestoy
My Feedback: (112)

I must admit, the constant errors and timing out have kept me away. Working in a data center I can tell you that a good IT/Network Engineer should be able to figure out the problem in short order whether it is hardware, software, or routing related. It can even be an issue with the company doing the hosting, they may be having bandwidth issues.

If they have not sunk any money into into upgrading memory, processors, or purchasing more bandwidth to keep up with demand, they will eventually come to a permanent grinding halt. We have seen our traffic more than double in the past year in all of our centers and have had to sink Millions of dollars into new network gear and service upgrades to keep up with the demand from our customers.

Whatever the issue, I will continue to come back to RCU - though not as often until the issues are fixed. A shame really as this site has a ton of great build threads and community members.

I hope management is listening.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Minnreefer

ORIGINAL: clandestoy

I must admit, the constant errors and timing out have kept me away. Working in a data center I can tell you that a good IT/Network Engineer should be able to figure out the problem in short order whether it is hardware, software, or routing related. It can even be an issue with the company doing the hosting, they may be having bandwidth issues.

If they have not sunk any money into into upgrading memory, processors, or purchasing more bandwidth to keep up with demand, they will eventually come to a permanent grinding halt. We have seen our traffic more than double in the past year in all of our centers and have had to sink Millions of dollars into new network gear and service upgrades to keep up with the demand from our customers.

Whatever the issue, I will continue to come back to RCU - though not as often until the issues are fixed. A shame really as this site has a ton of great build threads and community members.

I hope management is listening.
+1 I really hope management is listening, but I don't want to hear another "they know there is a problem, it will get better soon"

I know you get what you pay for, but, with sites like this, we pay for the site buy visiting the vendors that advertise on it, and if we can't/don't come here, we won't visit those vendors anymore.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 AM
d_bodary

500 internal servo error.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I rarely visit the forums because of all the website issues. I see whats for sale then I jump over to RCG.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.